Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I really be looking at Universitys and considering my options right now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12, the teachers say do it but ... is it best to just leave it till Y13 or be prepared by looking now?

ReputationRep:
    Look now without a doubt

ReputationRep:
    Yeh - start looking now.

I started looking later -so i wasn't aware of the majority of open days, it ended up as a bit of a rush in October.

ReputationRep:
    Look now, if you want to.

I remember looking at options even earlier than that, but I was applying for Oxbridge, so we had to have our personal statements done in Year 12, according to my school - absolutely ridiculous, looking back.

ReputationRep:
    Look now I went to open days just before and after my AS exams, already had places whittled down and it's alot less stressful when you finish your personal statement. You'll probably get told to start that in the last few months of Y12 as well, we did.

Can be a little daunting, but sooner rather than later. I know so many people who don't really know anything about where they've applied because they left it.

ReputationRep:
    Look now - if you want 2011 entry you'll have to apply in September or October. This will give you lots of time to research courses and look round Universities.

Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.