Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone else had signed their summer away to Barclays Capital. If so, which department will you be working in?

I am in Global Finance myself.

ReputationRep:
    message if you want the fb group.

ReputationRep:
    There's a lo of people who would like to sign their summers away for Bar Cap!

ReputationRep:
    Signed- Prime Services.

ReputationRep:
    Some girl rang into Radio 1 today for a shoutout and said she'd "beaten off" 2500 people for a job with "Barclays Investment Bank".

I bet she did. :mmm:

:rofl:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Some girl rang into Radio 1 today for a shoutout and said she'd "beaten off" 2500 people for a job with "Barclays Investment Bank".

I bet she did. :mmm:

:rofl:.

ReputationRep:
    Signed for Operations this summer!

Where are you guys planning on living in London while on the internship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarameagher)
    Signed for Operations this summer!

Where are you guys planning on living in London while on the internship?
    Not sure yet. I would prefer to live in a house as opposed to halls or somewhere like that. I am currently waiting to hear if my friend has a spare room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    Not sure yet. I would prefer to live in a house as opposed to halls or somewhere like that. I am currently waiting to hear if my friend has a spare room.
    Im at uni in london, so ill be staying in my flat until the contract runs out start of august, then ill move to friends place in Marylebone for a month. Halls are your best bet unless you know anyone with spare rooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeF)
    Im at uni in london, so ill be staying in my flat until the contract runs out start of august, then ill move to friends place in Marylebone for a month. Halls are your best bet unless you know anyone with spare rooms.
    Yeah. My housemate stayed in halls when she was an LSE summer school a couple of years ago and said they were pretty good. Can you recommend any particular ones that are handy for the Docklands or the Jubilee line?

ReputationRep:
    The cheapest tend to be the UCL ones in Camden, however they require a little more of a commute to CW. Most non london interns tend to look around the docklands and isle of dogs, great for commuting into work, but absolutely horrendous for nightlife and getting home after a night in central. Look at the LSE ones in Bankside and the KCL ones around the river if you want to be central. There are barely any that sit directly on a jubilee line station as far as im aware..

ReputationRep:
    The cheapest of these halls appears to be around £30 per night. Should I expect to pay up to £210 per week for accommodation or is it possible to get something cheaper? I am going to be travelling over from Ireland for the summer internship. Is there any options to rent a room in a house or flat share? How would I look into this in London?

ReputationRep:
    The cheapest of these halls appears to be around £30 per night. Should I expect to pay up to £210 per week for accommodation or is it possible to get something cheaper? I am going to be travelling over from Ireland for the summer internship. Is there any options to rent a room in a house or flat share? How would I look into this in London?
    I think you are looking at the per night price which is when the halls essentially operate as a hotel. They do better deals for longer term contracts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    I think you are looking at the per night price which is when the halls essentially operate as a hotel. They do better deals for longer term contracts.

Ok maybe that would be more reasonably priced so. Is it just a matter of contacting the halls directly for these deals? Is there any halls in particular that other interns often stay in and that are also close to canary wharf and to central London?

ReputationRep:
    Ok maybe that would be more reasonably priced so. Is it just a matter of contacting the halls directly for these deals? Is there any halls in particular that other interns often stay in and that are also close to canary wharf and to central London?
    I think there are some LSE ones on the South Bank which are reasonably handy but it is a trade-off between easy access to Canary Wharf and central London.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.