Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The Salon was closed yesterday, I imagine based on my circumstances. I would like to draw a line under the Complaint now. I could go to the Police about the Salon Owner regarding verbal abuse by homophobic intimidation, and I file a civil claim by suing for compensation. But I would like to forget about it and just never return.

Paul

ReputationRep:
    I went back to the Salon today to apologise and I feel much better. I am not going to file a Complaint to the Student Union, nor will I inform Trading Standards. I should have double checked, and not take the word of somebody whether experienced or inexperienced. I have had a chip over my shoulder since the haircut. I have decided to draw a line under the experience, and learn from it so it does not happen again. I realize I need to grow up a bit but at the time I was really 'pissed off!!!' I believe the best thing now is for the thread to be suspended.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, £5? You cheap skate. You can't honestly expect a decent hair cut for less than like £9/10.

I'm guessing you mean H20, they're pretty decent tbf... my mate got a good cut there, and I dyed my hair blonde for Halloween there and they did a really good job (granted it cost me about £40 but that's to be expected).

Edit: and this thread just HAS to be bait.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah I did because I usually get it for £5 see. I'm glad I went back to apologise. If I didn't pay the full £10 I would have had the Police on my back. I'd like this thread stopped now, it's getting out of hand.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppj9)
    I had the haircut because I wanted to ask a girl out. I asked the girl out from my course and gave her a Valentine Card and Rose. She then said that she had a boyfriend in America, and it really hurt. I felt like crap afterwards, I felt I had the haircut for nothing. It was so expensive as I am a Student. I'm incredibly skint so to the people that pay more than £10 then that is up to you. However, I am different and I refuse to pay more especially if I'm told it will be half that amount. I'm quite upset of the abusive and threatening messages I have received saying Im a '******!' I am not 'GAY!' I have no idea why the Salon Owner from Aberystwyth University Hairdresser called me that. The WHORE can BOG OFF and I hope she will loose many customers through people reading this thread of mine. I don't care that I got rejected by this girl Nicola Ord. She can do whatever she wants. It is the Salon Owner I am angry with and I realize I will have mixed reactions.

Paul

You only have yourself to blame.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot!!!

ReputationRep:
    my last post didn't seem to go on so apologies if it does twice.

you should be totally ashamed of what you have started and the threats you have made, of violence, to two young girls who work alone in that shop and also the abuse you have given them on here.
    all because you got turned down for a date, you've made yourself sound like a bit of a weirdo if you ask me! you even posted the name of the girl who turned you down!

the price of a haircut is clearly stated on the wall of the salon. it is £10 for a gents haircut but they do offer a reduction to £5 if you only want a headshave. what obviously happened was a simple misunderstanding on both parts, so you are also responsible. this is not a case for trading standards or for the university as the price you were charged was the price advertised.

i am a regular client and also a student and also know many other regular clients who are always happy with what they recieve from H20. the 20 in the salon name stands for 20 years of business, something which would not be achieved if they conducted themselves in the way you have described. You also will struggle to find a gents haircut in Aber itself for less than that.

From what i know, you have not been in to apologised to the stylists for the way you have acted and the way you have made them both feel. Imagine how you would feel if you were a young woman, often working alone in that shop, threatened by someone like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamstudent)
    my last post didn't seem to go on so apologies if it does twice.

you should be totally ashamed of what you have started and the threats you have made, of violence, to two young girls who work alone in that shop and also the abuse you have given them on here.
    all because you got turned down for a date, you've made yourself sound like a bit of a weirdo if you ask me! you even posted the name of the girl who turned you down!

the price of a haircut is clearly stated on the wall of the salon. it is £10 for a gents haircut but they do offer a reduction to £5 if you only want a headshave. what obviously happened was a simple misunderstanding on both parts, so you are also responsible. this is not a case for trading standards or for the university as the price you were charged was the price advertised.

i am a regular client and also a student and also know many other regular clients who are always happy with what they recieve from H20. the 20 in the salon name stands for 20 years of business, something which would not be achieved if they conducted themselves in the way you have described. You also will struggle to find a gents haircut in Aber itself for less than that.

From what i know, you have not been in to apologised to the stylists for the way you have acted and the way you have made them both feel. Imagine how you would feel if you were a young woman, often working alone in that shop, threatened by someone like yourself.
    Totally agree about threats of violence being bad and unjustified, especially as it's only about a haircut and just five pounds- and what is that these days anyway. You can hardly buy fish and chips for five pounds in some areas and anyway hair grows back but if you knock someone's teeth out in rage and anger their teeth will not grow back and a poor hairdresser will be stuck with NO TEEth for the rest of her life unless someone invents a way to make her teeth grow back again, which I doubt will happen in her lifetime.It will spoile her image if she has to go to work with, for example, a black eye or her arm in a sling just because some muppet student idiot decided to thump her one because he misunderstood the notice on the wall , because he was not able to read properly, so why was he a student anyway if he could not read the notice properly,=no offence intended and I do not necessarily mean anyone living or dead, just an example.

ReputationRep:
    I did not threaten the Salon Owner in anyway, it was all dished out by her. I have sworn in the threads because I was angry and how badly I have been treated. The service was awful. I would never sweep Salon floor, I have apologised but told to Bugger off. Yet I did not cause any trouble, and I was not abusive. All I did was left the Salon as I only had a fiver on me as told to me by Laura. The price was then changed by Manager/ Owner which I felt highly unfair. I have not made any Complaint. I returned the next day with the extra fiver as I had to pay full tenner. The Salon owner threatened Police if refused

ReputationRep:
    The whole place is a rip - town & uni.

I had a guts full and went to Bristol where I am more happier and there is a lot of choice.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Moon Maiden)
    The whole place is a rip - town & uni.

I had a guts full and went to Bristol where I am more happier and there is a lot of choice.
    Thank you for reviving a thread that's over two years old purely to flame the town and university.

Here's your coat, remember to shut the door on your way out.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.