The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

its wierd i did the same. i wanted to change as soon as i booked it. oh well. liberty it is, we'll make the best of it :smile: im block 8 floor 5
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
SamGee
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone had gotten there login details for the housing situation yet? Cause its next week we get to book isnt it and i've not gotten anything! D: bloody hell.

ALSO, it seems everybody wants to stay at Newarke Point & Liberty, the most expensive halls. I wanted to stay there too as it seemed nice, although me and a friend i've met through the DMU freshers facebook group looked into it all and he went to visit dmu recently and we reaslied the cheapest halls of the lot Benjamin Russel Court is the best value for money and has SO much more to offer then the rest.

Benjamin Russel Court does NOT have en suite bathrooms unlike the rest but it does include the following
- Each flat has leather sofas in the living rooms and one in the very large kitchen (i beleive)
- Each flat has a flat screen LCD tv in it
both of these have been added to the flats by popular demand after a student survery from Derwent housing (The people who run the halls privately)
- There is a pub on the ground floor of the halls which is popular with students and non students (69p shots on sundays, £1 coronas on thursdays and some days its £5 for 3 pints)
- Basement rooms are aviable which is quite exciting to some!

there isnt many rooms in these halls, but i know they're bound to be overlooked by most people due to the cheap price and lack of en suite. But i know 110% this is the halls i'm going to apply too.

i dont suppose this has made any of you guys change your choices on halls, because until i was made aware of all the perks BRC had i would of paid a large sum to stay in one of the main halls. reply with quoutes pls :} easier to reply too!

Yea I am in Benjamin Russell to, simply because its the cheapest lol I am on the top floor (which I think) I'm in the only part sharing with 4 other guys on that floor, the rest is filled with girls lol.
Reply 202
ZeeZay
Im studying Accounting and Finance
Booked Filbert Village Block D!!
can't waiiitttttttttttt, so exciteddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

me too :smile: Accounting and Finance but at Newarke
Reply 203
fab_JMG90
hey im doing accounting and finance too..its good to know
people on the same course, and im stayin in grosvenor. x

I'm doing Accounting and Finance aswell! staying at Newarke :smile:
Heyy i'm new to the student room but i'm at Grovsner house in September studying Speech and Language Therapy, can't wait :smile: x

Latest

Trending

Trending