The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've firmed DMU to do Drama :biggrin: im so excited but that stuff about the housing has got be sooo scared! :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
But anyways im gunna apply to Bede hall :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
rawkinz
I'm doing psychology too, i haven't made it my firm yet, but i think i goin to :smile:

DO IT :smile: hehe! I havn't met many people doing psychology yet so at least im not alone now lol! Have you been to an open day yet? I went to one on wednesday and they were talking about the course and stuff in one of the lectures, it looks really good :biggrin:
I have firmed DMU to do Pharmacy :smile:

I haven't heared anything yet though :s-smilie: and the accomodation crisis is worrying me ! but I bet it's too late now :rolleyes:
Reply 43
*RedRose*
DO IT :smile: hehe! I havn't met many people doing psychology yet so at least im not alone now lol! Have you been to an open day yet? I went to one on wednesday and they were talking about the course and stuff in one of the lectures, it looks really good :biggrin:

Yeah I had some trouble they changed my offer to something i'm not even doing but they have just changed it back so all good now.
Yeah i went to one a while ago, i liked the uni but i din't get to see the city really.. did you meet the man who teaches mental health lol
Hey guys!
I've made DMU my firm for Sep 2010! I'm quite excited about going, although cannot choose what accommodation i want :frown: i think it's between newarke point and liberty park. Would love to meet some new people if anyones interested :smile:
P.s. I'm doing Journalism with media and communication!
Katie Marie
Hey guys!
I've made DMU my firm for Sep 2010! I'm quite excited about going, although cannot choose what accommodation i want :frown: i think it's between newarke point and liberty park. Would love to meet some new people if anyones interested :smile:
P.s. I'm doing Journalism with media and communication!

Hey! Yeah, good choices on the accommodation! Are you conditional? :smile:
Reply 46
rawkinz
Yeah I had some trouble they changed my offer to something i'm not even doing but they have just changed it back so all good now.
Yeah i went to one a while ago, i liked the uni but i din't get to see the city really.. did you meet the man who teaches mental health lol

ah right i see, well as long as its all back then its all good :smile: Yeah i had a good wonder around the city and managed to get myself lost a few times haha! Im not too sure there was just this woman there who was the psychology lecture and a really tall old man but i dont no what he taught lol!
Reply 47
For everyone starting this September join this group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=247515464915&ref=ts
Reply 48
Firm for Accounting & Finance, although I'm confused about accommodation. Some of the halls I've searched seem to be full? At least that's what it says on their websites :/
Reply 49
Kyprea
Firm for Accounting & Finance, although I'm confused about accommodation. Some of the halls I've searched seem to be full? At least that's what it says on their websites :/

I think they are opening it up to unconditional before conditional offers, but how did you find out they were full? I can't see anything on the main DMU site but maybe I'm just missing it...
Biggsx
I think they are opening it up to unconditional before conditional offers, but how did you find out they were full? I can't see anything on the main DMU site but maybe I'm just missing it...

Neither can I :confused:
That is just ridiculous, what if all the rooms are taken up? does it mean we'll end up in the street?
What doesn't the university send accomodation packs after we accpet it as a firm, as all the other universities do ? o_O
Reply 51
algérie_mon_amour
Neither can I :confused:
That is just ridiculous, what if all the rooms are taken up? does it mean we'll end up in the street?
What doesn't the university send accomodation packs after we accpet it as a firm, as all the other universities do ? o_O

A lot of my friends have been getting emails and stuff in the post from their universities but I haven't heard a single single thing! I'm glad I'm not the only one thought because I was getting worried... I think if you are a firm, you're guaranteed a place in halls if you want it, or that is the case with most other places anyway so it better be the same here!
Reply 52
At last, I got something in the post from DMU! I guess we will all be getting the same accomodation pack soon but it seems like a thing they have sent to everyone who has replied, rather than just firms. Oh well, it gives us a date for getting accomodation though!
Biggsx
At last, I got something in the post from DMU! I guess we will all be getting the same accomodation pack soon but it seems like a thing they have sent to everyone who has replied, rather than just firms. Oh well, it gives us a date for getting accomodation though!

I got it through the post too! Was pleased as I was convinced they had forgotten about me :lol: They still haven't acknowledged the fact that I've firmed them though... Ah well, as long as everything goes smoothly on May 5th I'll be happy!
Reply 54
There is still confusion over the smoking thing though because on the tour I was told no smoking, in the booklet it says no smoking, but on the website it says Liberty Park is smoking! I have emailed them though to try and find out, hopefully before May 5th!
Reply 55
i havent got mine yet:frown: maybe your post is fast!
Reply 56
I just firmed them but i'm a little worried about the accommodation, i'm set to start nursing in sep so i need one of the halls with the longer contracts and i'm worried that with their previous problems i might not get a place. although i think that they offer those coming from further priority as well, which should be alright for me seeing as i'm coming down from cumbria. none the less i'm a little worried. i haven't had any information saying i can choose my accomodation yet.
Reply 57
lilibeth
I just firmed them but i'm a little worried about the accommodation, i'm set to start nursing in sep so i need one of the halls with the longer contracts and i'm worried that with their previous problems i might not get a place. although i think that they offer those coming from further priority as well, which should be alright for me seeing as i'm coming down from cumbria. none the less i'm a little worried. i haven't had any information saying i can choose my accomodation yet.

When you get the accomodation booklet in the post, there is something in there that says which halls are best for nursing because of contract length or something, I can't remember exactly which one it was though... You shouldn't wait too long for that though because the system opens on May 5th.
Reply 58
Biggsx
When you get the accomodation booklet in the post, there is something in there that says which halls are best for nursing because of contract length or something, I can't remember exactly which one it was though... You shouldn't wait too long for that though because the system opens on May 5th.

that sounds good, thanks for the help. i'm just a little worried, because i moved from a city to a small place and i'm moving back to a city, so it's a little bit daunting. thanks again.
Reply 59
That's ok :smile: I think there will be so many other people in the same boat though so no need to worry yourself too much over it. I'm coming from London so this place will probably seem tiny to me lol.

Oh, I got a reply from the housing people today and it says that all of the halls are non smoking now, even Liberty Park which we weren't sure about so it looks like they didn't bother to put the new and correct stuff up on the website!

Latest

Trending

Trending