Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have got my offer for NTU and i'm thinking it going to be my first choice. However my course will be in Clifton (computer systems engineering) but I can't help but think it would be better to have halls in the City campus?

I say this as i would prefer to be closer to the town for nights out and other general facilities but just wondering if has any experience in doing this in the past, and if its too much of a hassle to bus/bike it to and from clifton every day.

ReputationRep:
    I've always lived in the city but travelled to Clifton. I prefer it that way, but sometimes I do feel like I'm spending my life on the uni link (which takes about 25 minutes each way on average).

It's not that much effort though, and personally I would rather be nearer to town.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you posted this, I'm wondering the exact same thing.

*watches thread* :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kätzchen)
    I've always lived in the city but travelled to Clifton. I prefer it that way, but sometimes I do feel like I'm spending my life on the uni link (which takes about 25 minutes each way on average).

It's not that much effort though, and personally I would rather be nearer to town.
    Excellent, thanks for the quick reply. I was pretty set on living in city anyway. I've got a visit there in a few weeks so hopefully this will help me make up my mind!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by O.P)
    Hi guys, I have got my offer for NTU and i'm thinking it going to be my first choice. However my course will be in Clifton (computer systems engineering) but I can't help but think it would be better to have halls in the City campus?

I say this as i would prefer to be closer to the town for nights out and other general facilities but just wondering if has any experience in doing this in the past, and if its too much of a hassle to bus/bike it to and from clifton every day.
    I'm a current Fresher and was thinking the same thing as you this time last year. As a current student said above it would feel like you're spending your life on the unilink (A bus going from City Campus to Clifton Campus every 12 mins, takes 25 mins to each campus).
    But, however, I decided to stay at Peverell on Clifton Campus. The halls are huge - 720 people - but I love it here. It's like its own little community, and there's a shop, bank, bar/diner, etc, all on campus, 2 mins walk away. But still - the best thing about it is being able to roll out of bed 5 minutes before a 9am lecture. Whack out the dry shampoo, chuck on some joggers and a hoodie and walk on down!

ReputationRep:
    Exact samee dilemma. So confused /:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Jess'xo)
    Exact samee dilemma. So confused /:
    Hey Jess,
    Read my post above yours if you haven't already. That's the best advice I have on that one; but I'd definitely say I made the right choice in living on Campus. It gives you better options in the sense that if you have a big gap between lectures, you can just walk back to Peverell or chill out with some mates down The Point (Highly reccommended!!). It's less awkward when you're around campus too anyway, you know more people and you have your course mates too.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll probably stay in Peverell for my first year cos I figured I can always live in the city or closer to the city in my 2nd and 3rd year And..cant really be arsed with the 25mins trip to lectures!! lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by EmJo)
    I think I'll probably stay in Peverell for my first year cos I figured I can always live in the city or closer to the city in my 2nd and 3rd year And..cant really be arsed with the 25mins trip to lectures!! lol
    Good choice!
    Most Peverell and Clifton students live in West Bridgford in 2nd and 3rd years. Stunning place.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the exact same thing but the idea of rolling into a lecture with some joggers and a hoody on sound far more appealing than a 25 minute bus and theres always the added bonus of being 2 minutes from a bar peverell here I come!! I so want to book my accomodation now!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm going to NTU in October and I'll be studying on the Clifton Campus too! I really wanted to stay in the Sandby halls in the city because I've heard that they're pretty raving. However, I don't fancy the 25 minute bus ride everyday, especially after a night out, so I'll probably be staying at Peverell now too
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by stacysim)
    Hey! I'm going to NTU in October and I'll be studying on the Clifton Campus too! I really wanted to stay in the Sandby halls in the city because I've heard that they're pretty raving. However, I don't fancy the 25 minute bus ride everyday, especially after a night out, so I'll probably be staying at Peverell now too
    Good choice Stacy Just added you on Facebook - might be doing Global Studies with you in Sept I'm already at NTU but I'm redoing my first year of French, Linguistics and Social Theory because I want to drop Linguistics and do either Global Studies, International Relations or European Studies.

ReputationRep:
    Was in the same situation, but cos im going to be living with a friend i thought i'd live in town due to it being closer to clubs, bars. Hopefully the 25 min bus journey won't be that bad for me lol

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.