Turn on thread page Beta

Why everybody is going to Spain? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all

I had a chat with my mates today, and it seems that everybody is going to Spain in Easter!!

I'm not saying that Spain is an awful place but i've been there once and it was nice and every thing...but it was a bit boring, the same people the same culture (not the same weather though:p: ).

I mean what motivates you to travel? is it the weather, the culture or meeting new people and try new food (i know a guy how like travelling for that purpose ).

for me, observing new culture is the main motive for travel.

ReputationRep:
    It's not great if you go to resorts...go somewhere unspoilt like the north/NW and it is magnificent.

ReputationRep:
    go nyc

ReputationRep:
    Spanish people and culture are very different to English people and culture.... they're awesome! Just don't go to a crappy touristy bit :p:

(Original post by Chillaxer)
    It's not great if you go to resorts...go somewhere unspoilt like the north/NW and it is magnificent.
    As in La Coruña?

ReputationRep:
    im not going to spain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Averroes)
    Hello all

I had a chat with my mates today, and it seems that everybody is going to Spain in Easter!!

I'm not saying that Spain is an awful place but i've been there once and it was nice and every thing...but it was a bit boring, the same people the same culture (not the same weather though:p: ).

I mean what motivates you to travel? is it the weather, the culture or meeting new people and try new food (i know a guy how like travelling for that purpose ).

for me, observing new culture is the main motive for travel.
    where in spain were you?

ReputationRep:
    Boring??!

I've never been to Spain, but I've read a lot about it. When I do go, I'll be avoiding Benidorm like the plague, and the rest of the Costa del Sol doesn't sound very nice either tbh.

The places I'd love to go to are Barcelona, Madrid, Valladolid, Toledo, Seville, Málaga, Santiago de la Compostela, Pamplona, Granada, Cádiz, Salamanca, Tarragona, Caceres, Córdoba, Segovia Aqueduct, Bilbao... I love places that are historical, do have some good places to eat and drink but aren't very touristy, and have good museums, art galleries, old buildings, markets (whether food & drink, arts & crafts, books, clothes etc.), unspoiled beaches, natural wonders, opportunities for adventure sports ... obviously not too many places would have all of these, but any combination I'd love! There's a huge variety between different places in Spain, I'd definitely give it another go if I were you OP!

ReputationRep:
    It's cheap and good for clubbing

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less if there were a million british tourists, as long as there's sun and some peace and quiet (yeah a contradiction to the british tourists) I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Boring??!

I've never been to Spain, but I've read a lot about it. When I do go, I'll be avoiding Benidorm like the plague, and the rest of the Costa del Sol doesn't sound very nice either tbh.

The places I'd love to go to are Barcelona, Madrid, Valladolid, Toledo, Seville, Málaga, Santiago de la Compostela, Pamplona, Granada, Cádiz, Salamanca, Tarragona, Caceres, Córdoba, Segovia Aqueduct, Bilbao... I love places that are historical, do have some good places to eat and drink but aren't very touristy, and have good museums, art galleries, old buildings, markets (whether food & drink, arts & crafts, books, clothes etc.), unspoiled beaches, natural wonders, opportunities for adventure sports ... obviously not too many places would have all of these, but any combination I'd love! There's a huge variety between different places in Spain, I'd definitely give it another go if I were you OP!
    I'm from Segovia by the way!! but it has many more things that the roman aqueduct!!
    Maybe you want to check the wikipedia article of this great medieval, unspoilt town.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segovia

And, yes, I love advertising my home town! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcosgll)
    I'm from Segovia by the way!! but it was mucho more things that the roman aqueduct!!
    Maybe you want to check the wikipedia article of this great medieval, unspoilt town.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segovia

And, yes, I love advertising my home town! =)
    Oh yes, I know there's more to it than that! There's more places I'd like to go to as well, I just put down the main ones here so I wouldn't be boring people

ReputationRep:
    Food, family and friends motivate me to travel, Spain = good food + family

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to spain but i have to do so for my degree. I think i'd try to go somewhere like sweden or something if i could just go travelling around wherever i wanted to go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Night_Hawk)
    go nyc
    Have to have good reason to go and have a shed load of cash to go with it. Cousin has just gone with £40,000 from her parents to help her out, despite this she will accumulate debts of up to £50,000 just to acheive her Masters in Law.

ReputationRep:
    To learn spanish... that's my reason

ReputationRep:
    i just go for the sun, nightlife or if its just a nice break away..
    Barcelona, Salou, Callafell, Tarragona, Murcia, Los Alcazares are good on mainland spain I love puerto rico in gran canaria, puerto de mogan aswell..

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Egypt at Easter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Boring??!

Barcelona is a very nice place to go, but i guess it would depend on tastes, if you dont like big hustle n bussle cities then stay away. It would also be a bit nicer if there was a good conversion to the euro, but these days there isnt and every thing costs a fortune (as i found out last easter )

Madrid is nice too... went on a school trip so cant comment on some parts of it apart from the art galleries and museums. From what i can remember the picaso one (or which ever museum has 4 different looking wals from the outside) is good if your into ur art.. the palace is also a great place to look around (again if ur into that kinda thing)

Toledo , again as part of the school trip we went to madrid, didnt see much of it but from what we saw it was beautiful... especially one of the main churches at the top

All in all i like spain myself, just shame about the £ to euro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    Spanish people and culture are very different to English people and culture.... they're awesome! Just don't go to a crappy touristy bit :p:
    I entirely agree with you, but comparing with other nations, say, Sri Lankans...we're the same!

(Original post by ilikecookies)
    im not going to spain
    me neither

(Original post by LC_x)
    where in spain were you?
    Barcelona, Sevilla and granada (Alhambra palace there is marvellous)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.