Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    During today my eye has started to hurt when I blink. I got home and there is a lump on my eyelid above where tears come out... Doesn't look red or anything. What could it be?!

(Original post by Talya)
    During today my eye has started to hurt when I blink. I got home and there is a lump on my eyelid above where tears come out... Doesn't look red or anything. What could it be?!
    Possibly a stye. Since it's not causing you pain it's more likley a Chalazion.

ReputationRep:
    It does hurt :P

(Original post by Talya)
    It does hurt :P
    lol I don't know why I assumed it didn't hurt! Well then it could be a stye. Is the lump on the skin or on the underside of the lid? Styes are self limiting; so assuming it is a stye, it should be gone in about a week to 10 days. Whatever it is, try not to spread the infection via shared face clothes, cease CL wear and make-up. You could apply a hot compress to the lids to try and speed up the healing process and also a pain relief.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a stye you can also get ointment or eyedrops for it. The company who produce them is called 'Goldeneye' and you can purchase the ointment/eyedrops over the counter without a prescription.

ReputationRep:
    I had this exact problem a couple of months ago. My eye started hurting and then a lump appeared so I went to the doctors and they said it was a stye. It should go away in a week or two but if you go to the doctors then they can give you something that will help to reduce it more quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Update: My whole eyelid is swollen It hurts. I am doing salt water baths but it sucks

ReputationRep:
    I would guess stye. If it is, and you can see an eyelash in the middle of it (sort of) see if you can pull it out - as if its a stye then pulling the infected eyelash out can help heal it quicker ^.^ I managed to get a stye to go away in 4 days because of that =]

ReputationRep:
    Teabags for styes

I honestly didn't believe it and tried, it works, Teabag in boiling water, remove it and let it cool a bit, plonk it on eye for around 15 mins, do that a few times a day, clears up in 2-3days and you dont have to pay for any ointments. I've used this method and it's worked 3 or 4 times

ReputationRep:
    Hot compress works just as well as that IMO - it's more the heat than the tea I would guess...

ReputationRep:
    can't see an eyelash unfortunately. am doing salt water compress too now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.