Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

MMA: An outsiders encounter with the worlds fastest growing sport watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sbnation.com/2010/2/10/13...ders-encounter

Very interesting read. Whats everyones opinion on MMA. Do you see it as a sport, a barbaric act, unprofessional, whats everyones opinion on the sport.

ReputationRep:
    MMA exists and people enjoy it. I see no reason to take away the fun, but as long as it doesn't go too OTT.

Don't really care for contact sports [or any sports] myself, but sport enriches human culture. New sport = new part of human culture. I'm not complaining.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to that basketball game with the trampolines? That was awesome.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's a sport. One I fancy a crack at but not until I can get myself fit lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    It's a sport. One I fancy a crack at but not until I can get myself fit lol.
    I wouldnt worry about being fit mate, when I first started I wasnt fit (Still not in particular), you will burn out no matter how fit you are. I see rugby, football, etc guys come in and all blow out. Best thing to do is to just jump in the deep end and get stuck in. What regret it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Barton1)
    I wouldnt worry about being fit mate, when I first started I wasnt fit (Still not in particular), you will burn out no matter how fit you are. I see rugby, football, etc guys come in and all blow out. Best thing to do is to just jump in the deep end and get stuck in. What regret it.
    Yea I don't mean optimum fit or anything but just fittter. When me and my mates used to have random fights with each other I was about right. Too much excess fat + nowhere around here does it.

I'm hoping there will be a club at what ever uni I go to. Even though I will be a heavyweight and against hench men lol.

ReputationRep:
    definitely a sport and is now full of quality athletes like Georges st pierre, fedor, anderson silva, jose aldo etc should never be banned

ReputationRep:
    Sport.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.