Turn on thread page Beta

Driving Instructor Stole my money watch

ReputationRep:
    hey, the current situation is that i have paid for my driving lesson as part of a package e.g. 5 lessons for £50 lets say, however my driving instructor is no longer a instructor and i have still got lessons remaining from what i paid....is there anyway i can either get my money back?, i have tried to call him loads of time but his phone rings for a bit then it goes to the O2 answer phone

thank you

Tried ringing from a different number so he doesn't know its you?

Or got his address?

ReputationRep:
    i have tried ringing from a different number but he picked up and then cut me off soon as he relised it was me...and i havent got his address

What company does he work for? Try ringing them up and telling them the situation. He's probably doing a scam.

ReputationRep:
    Call trading standards or take him to small claims court if you're desperate.

ReputationRep:
    5 lessons for £50 didn't that sound a bit cheap?
    normally they are at least £20 each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    What company does he work for? Try ringing them up and telling them the situation. He's probably doing a scam.
    he did work for the AA but hes left now, i will try that...illl try to ring him a couple of times then if he doesnt reply then i will call the AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    lol im just giving an example, it was a package i cant remember what it was exactly but it bulk booking basically

ReputationRep:
    get in contact with the driving standards agency i think they regulate instructors

their details are:

The ADI Registrar
    Driving Standards Agency
    Stanley House
    56 Talbot Street
    Nottingham
    NG1 5GU

Tel: 0115 901 2500

ReputationRep:
    Call the AA, they should help you out, otherwise take his ass to a court.

ReputationRep:
    track him down, nail a dead cat to his front door. Should send the right messages.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried googling his name? You might get some decent contact information from facebook or something.

ReputationRep:
    The other posts have already said this but call the AA its probably your best bet

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, call the DSA and if he was an ADI he shall be caught in no time. I hate scammers.

ReputationRep:
    There are some schools here (York) that do 5 lessons for £55 - they work it out so they're spending as little on petrol as absolutely possible, but yeah, it happens.

Good luck with reclaiming your money! If you had lessons through the AA, did you not pay the AA rather than the instructor? I don't know, I think that was what I did with BSM though.

ReputationRep:
    @ explosions hurtyep i did try to google/facebook his name, nothing comes up

thank you everyone!!!!...ill give AA a call first, then if they are no help ill try the driving standards agency...if not as a final resort ill do the suggestion made by sulpicia

ReputationRep:
    Scam Artist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulpicia)
    track him down, nail a dead cat to his front door. Should send the right messages.
    nah, dead horse on his bed! :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    that's pretty much the standard round here for the first 5. Between £45 and £50 anyway. I paid £45.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of schools do 5 lessons for £50 to entice you, and then after it's something like £20 a lesson.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.