The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You do have receipts/proof don't you?
Reply 21
JT1
OP
@ hypocriticaljap, no i didn't get a receipt as he was with another company before but then he later transferred to the AA, and when i was booking my lessons with the original company, they said to give the money to the driver as they don't deal with cheques or debit cards
so when he says he's never heard of you what do you do?
Reply 23
JT1
he did work for the AA but hes left now, i will try that...illl try to ring him a couple of times then if he doesnt reply then i will call the AA

The AA...what a surprise :rolleyes:

I got conned out of a lesson and wrote a written complaint to the AA... their attitude was really aggressive and rude and they didn't seem to think it was a big deal that he got paid for a lesson he didn't do and didn't contact me again, amongst other things I complained about which were really not good... he was the worst instructor I've ever come across, seriously :lolwut: :hmmm: :thumbsdown:

The thing is it wasn't regular lessons - I have a full licence but did their "eco" driving course designed for young/new drivers to teach them fuel efficiency etc. I didn't pay for the course, a charitable trust did, so he effectively stole from a charity.

I would never learn with the AA or recommend them to anyone! My independent ex police driving instructor was 1000000000000000000x better!
Reply 24
Text him to remind him of your situation....

Then if he doesnt reply within the next couple days, then send him a 'warning' text saying you will call the DSA/trading standards/police etc if he doesnt comply with you.

Should he still ignore you, then actually call the DSA and make a complaint etc.

(or get a mate to call him and book a driving lesson with his new company. Then you turn up to this 'lesson' at the arranged time and watch his face drop.)
mr_qwerty
Text him to remind him of your situation....

Then if he doesnt reply within the next couple days, then send him a 'warning' text saying you will call the DSA/trading standards/police etc if he doesnt comply with you.

Should he still ignore you, then actually call the DSA and make a complaint etc.

(or get a mate to call him and book a driving lesson with his new company. Then you turn up to this 'lesson' at the arranged time and watch his face drop.)

What are they going to tell the police? The OP hasn't even got a receipt or any other proof of paying anything for heaven's sake! He could just claim they were maliciously making it all up.
Reply 26
hypocriticaljap
What are they going to tell the police? The OP hasn't even got a receipt or any other proof of paying anything for heaven's sake! He could just claim they were maliciously making it all up.

I didnt say "call" the police.

As I was saying, its just a 'warning' text (i.e. a threat to make him scared). The police wouldnt actually do anything - but the 'contemplation' of the OP contacting the cops, well lets just say it will do a decent job in making the instructor brick his pants.
Reply 27
didnt you get an appointment card with the new lesson written on etc, something to show that you did actually book the lesson
Why the hell didn't you demand a receipt? You must be an idiot to have handed over so much money and not asked for proof of your payment, jesus christ.
Reply 29
What happened to your situation? Did you get your money back? If so, how?
Original post by sarahmo89
What happened to your situation? Did you get your money back? If so, how?

OP hasn't been online in over 5 months. You won't be getting a reply...

Latest

Trending

Trending