Turn on thread page Beta

Teen girl gets 1 year prison for burning kitten to death watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I feel like there's more of an outraged reaction to this because it was a girl who did it, and to a kitten, no less... but it still is obviously a horrible, sickening thing for her to have done, of course. I expect she has a questionable childhood and home life.
    Srsly? The reaction would have been exactly the same if a guy did it, imo

ReputationRep:
    stupid ***** needs to get burnt.

ReputationRep:
    I dont care if she's a girl, if I caught her doing something like that to one of my pets I would beat the living **** out of her.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is the point of that? Couldn't she just take the stuff and go.

I hope someone sets fire to her

ReputationRep:
    ***** should be hung.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    And FyreFight is right about the lobsters. Won't somebody please think of the lobsters?

(Original post by Dynamitri)
    SICK HEARTLESS ***** THAT DESERVES AN ELECTRIC CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPALLING!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Shut up, you're an idiot. She merely killed a kitten. So what. It was hardly useful.

ReputationRep:
    Killer in the making..

ReputationRep:
    I know it's bad but look at the language in the article designed to emote a response:

A heartless kitty killer hissed angrily at animal rights activists Wednesday, grinning widely as she took credit for stuffing the helpless pet into a 500-degree oven.

"It's dead, *****!" snapped an unrepentant Cheyenne Cherry, sticking her tongue out after a plea bargain that will put her behind bars for a year in the May 6 killing of tiny Tiger Lily.

Cherry, 17, was confronted after her guilty plea in Bronx Supreme Court to charges of animal cruelty and attempted burglary in the May 6 killing at her former roommate's apartment.

Tiger Lily was left to die inside the blistering oven after Cherry and a 14-year-old friend trashed the apartment of Valerie Hernandez, destroying furniture before stealing DVDs and food.

I think it's way overdone article. Obviously the girl is a nutter but "heartless kitty killer" makes her sound like a fairtytale villain or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    I dont care if she's a girl, if I caught her doing something like that to one of my pets I would beat the living **** out of her.
    I would too. Evil little *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    You know that's way too much :p: I think one of the reasons why it isn't more than a year is that it actually wasn't her who put the kitten in the oven (in fact, it was a 14-year old girl who was with her)... but I guess she's still responsible as she didn't take the kitten out.

Really? why both can get penal servitude then,job done. It's quite well researched that those who harm pets in that way end up graduating to humans.

You really think a year is sufficient punishment considering that she let the poor kitten get incinerated plus all her other crimes?They should both be birched also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Thousands of crabs and lobsters are boiled alive on a day to day basis in this country, and nobody thinks twice about it. Why does it being a kitten make any difference? Social convention?
    Can you think of a more humane way to kill an animal with a really hard shell? Also, a lobster's nervous system is far more primitive than a cat's - there's doubt over whether they can actually feel pain in the first place.

For the record I think boiling lobsters/crabs alive is abhorrent too.

ReputationRep:
    I also hope she gets set on fire at some point. Or at least beat up in prison or something.

As for the lobsters, don't they freeze them first so they are like...knocked out then boil them? I know it still cruel to freeze them and boil them but at least its hopefully a quicker way of dying than being cooked in a bloody oven.

ReputationRep:
    sick! she should be in prison for longer than that.

ReputationRep:
    Thats ******* disgusting. What a ******* *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Srsly? The reaction would have been exactly the same if a guy did it, imo
    I agree.

One year? That is certainly not what I would call 'justice', considering she's had a history of repeat offences. I think she should be behind bars for much, much longer than that - the kitten belonged to someone else, it wasn't hers: how dare she take the life of someone else's pet! In this society in which we live this should not happen, not with kittens.

Additionally, she should never be allowed to own a pet, because we know now that she has the mental capacity to incinerate one of her own pets, not to mention others.

I hope her retarded 14-year old friend, who actually put the kitten in the oven, receives similar (or even worse) punishment.

No wonder I hardly have any faith left in the human race.

ReputationRep:
    She is black.

(Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Really? why both can get penal servitude then,job done. It's quite well researched that those who harm pets in that way end up graduating to humans.

You really think a year is sufficient punishment considering that she let the poor kitten get incinerated plus all her other crimes?They should both be birched also.
    Yep
    (Original post by NYDailynews)
    In court Wednesday, Cherry admitted to Judge Margaret Clancy that the younger girl put the cat in the oven - and "I didn't let the cat out."

The pair fled the apartment because they didn't want to hear the dying cat's cries or desperate scratching at the oven door, authorities said.

The second girl is facing trial in Family Court because of her age. Prosecutor Jennifer Troiano said Cherry was granted a plea deal because her cohort was "more culpable" for the crimes.
    Well I'm quite happy with the punishment, at least she wasn't let off easily... if you really think about it, a whole year in jail is a lot.

(Original post by Spinnerette)
    Killer in the making..
    Yeah, this is what I thought too... hopefully the time she spends in prison will somehow make her regret her actions and change her ways.

(Original post by Installation)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire
    riight, thanks for that

...weirdo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathew551)
    No wonder I hardly have any faith left in the human race.
    ^^ this

and its no wonder i prefer animals over humans

a lot of humans are just ****** up and im not just talking about the ones that harm animals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    Yep

Well I'm quite happy with the punishment, at least she wasn't let off easily... if you really think about it, a whole year in jail is a lot.

Yeah, this is what I thought too... hopefully the time she spends in prison will somehow make her regret her actions and change her ways.

riight, thanks for that

...weirdo
    I doubt it lol She doesn't sound like she has any emotion at all in her. Eeek.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.