Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We have to do an issue report for our coursework; I was thinking about stem cells, but this is apparently a 'soft' topic as lots do it for its easiness which sort of put me off. I also thought about cannabis and whether it should be legalised. Any suggestions would be welcome. It needs to have some sort of treatment/solution to go along with it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    ohh is this for the SNAB exam board? if so i did the same last year! amm my teacher gave us all the possible topics in biology, we got our ideas from there really. yeah stem cells seem fine but your going to be compared with many other reports..i think do something that is never heard of. sorry don't think my post really helped.

But GOOD LUCK! |

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is SNAB, and I want to do something more original, but the thing is those don't have solutions so it's kinda hard:confused:

ReputationRep:
    What other drugs have been in the news regarding whether they she be legalised for use on the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has very strongly suggested not to do drug legalisation as it is very difficult to get good marks for. The only people he has ever seen do it have done very badly. You could potentially fit it in as part of an issue report on Alzheimer's I suppose, as cannabis was found to be an uneffective treatment this week. But please don't do it as a title.

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to my teacher about cannabis and he also agreed. But similar to what you said; cannabis apparently alleviates the symptoms of several conditions; Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimers, Crohn's Disease and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I'll be basing it around whether it does actually contribute to alleviating the symptoms with the help of the data, so thanks for your input.

ReputationRep:
    I want to do my topic on the controversy of cannabis but I don't even know what an issue report is or how to write it? You can do it on any endangered animal though, as long as it is partially biological. One of my friends is doing coral reef damamge which is a good one because there are plenty of causes, effects and solutiohns for it, with loads of helpful websites. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    please see the 3 recent threads by doing a search,i ve put some suggestions in them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.