Turn on thread page Beta

oh dearie dearie me :( watch

Ok so. This is going to make me sound like a loser so keep this anon please

Basically I have fancied this guy who has worked in the supermarket down the road to me for about 6 months...but the thing is I only ever see him when I'm with my dad shopping so it looks like I have no friends and I always hang out with my dad :p:

And what is even sadder is that I have only ever spoken to him once and that was because he walked into me by accident so I made noises rather than words *facepalm*

Someone who used to work in the same place (doesnt anymore though so no more resources) made the mistake of giving me his surname and so naturally Ive found him on facebook and no I havent added him :o:

OMG HELP. I think about him way too much and I don't even know him! But he is just gorgeous. Swooon. And people have told me he is a really nice guy and single GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I lead a pretty boring life at the moment (working loads in a boring job) so my mind wanders, which is what is making me worse - Im not busy so can't get over my stupid little crush. Arghh.

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    Here's an idea ...

go to the supermarket on your own?

Wish I could, but I don't drive yet!

ReputationRep:
    walk/public transport

how far is it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    Here's an idea ...

go to the supermarket on your own?
    this.

ReputationRep:
    Go down, do your shopping, if you see him go stand near him and pretend to look for something, then give him a post it note with your number on it and do your cutest smile.

To be honest it doesn't matter if your dad is there or not, surely the supermarket is big enough for you to go for a wander to look at ''magazines'' or ''make-up'' on your own

I did, it worked We went out for about 2 months before I got bored with him, but he was very cute.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like you're 13

(Original post by Adonis)
    walk/public transport

how far is it
    ermmm about 4 miles?

but even if i got there, what would i do which wouldnt make me look utterly retarded? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, at least he's near you! I'm proper into a guy but he's TWO HUNDRED miles away. At least your guy's close! Just get to the supermarket on your own somehow, pfft.

Sorry, bit bitter.

ReputationRep:
    ask him out when hes on his break.......

ReputationRep:
    Add him on facebook and say hi? just tell him your friend knows him and you recognised him from somewhere? the truth is always a good opener

(Original post by Flav)
    Add him on facebook and say hi? just tell him your friend knows him and you recognised him from somewhere? the truth is always a good opener

i did think of doing that, but the shame of rejection and seeing him in the supermarket afterwards crushes me just by thinking about it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Go down, do your shopping, if you see him go stand near him and pretend to look for something, then give him a post it note with your number on it and do your cutest smile.
    do people actually do that kind of thing! :O i've once though of making ready prepared phone numbers as there a lot of quite hot women in town, and if their walking in the opposite directing you just hand it over, smoooooth
    he'll be amused either way so try this!

(Original post by Bolyolyoi)
    do people actually do that kind of thing! :O i've once though of making ready prepared phone numbers as there a lot of quite hot women in town, and if their walking in the opposite directing you just hand it over, smoooooth
    he'll be amused either way so try this!
    amused, or terrified? :p:

ReputationRep:
    amused, or terrified?
    If you walk away from him then i think he'll be amused might be a bit surprised though heh :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i did think of doing that, but the shame of rejection and seeing him in the supermarket afterwards crushes me just by thinking about it :p:
    fear of rejection will only hold you back you never know if you never try

(Original post by Who's N?)
    I got this fb group invite from one of my friends who lives aaaages away from me, and I don't have a clue who this person is. Lets hope this isn't who you're on about, because it seems that you're not the only girl after him :/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NOMNOM...8757768?ref=mf
    LOL thats hilarious, no thats not him though thank god :p:

ReputationRep:
    Go there with a few friends, tell them that you wanna talk to him, so that when you start talking to him they can continue looking round..

how about you let him take you up the back aisle and hope that no one calls for a cleanup over the loudspeakers

i bet he'll be stacking the cucumbers in the fruit and veg aisle and hold one and tell you "mines bigger"

or noticing the fruit (or you) he'll be like: "nice melons eh"

you could pick up some strawberrys and whipped cream and say "i need someones to help me eat these"

he'll ask you if you want him to show you the meat aisle

or jus ask him "got milk?"

or more innocent: "If you buy a meal for two, I'll help you eat it."

tell him you're "enthralled with these extra long bananas"

(Original post by hontoir)
    Go there with a few friends, tell them that you wanna talk to him, so that when you start talking to him they can continue looking round..
    talk to him about what...um hello i want in your pants? :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.