The Student Room Group
Pick your favourite one, firm it and decline the others? There's no point firming 1 and insuring the other, because if you meet the grades for your firm yet you want to go to your insurance you have to go through clearing:

ucas website

I've met the grades for my firm offer but I now want to go to my insurance choice. What should I do?

You have made a commitment to your firm choice so if you no longer want to attend the course you should contact the university or college to discuss your situation. As soon as you were accepted at your firm choice, your insurance choice would have been informed - this means that the place is no longer held for you, even if you have met the terms of the offer, so you will need to contact them to see if they can still offer you the place. If your firm choice agrees to withdraw your offer, you will be entered into Clearing - if your insurance choice can still offer you a place, they can make you an offer in Clearing.
oreo
Ahh right thanks...well my top choice was AAB so I didn't apply to any AAA cos then if I got an offer from an AAA place and AAB I would have to put AAA as firm, if that makes sense? lol. would AABc count as a lower offer to AAB?

I'd say AABc is higher than AAB, because arguably you could get a U in your AS for the latter and get in, but not for the former. But I don't know the ins and outs.
Reply 3
oreo
Hi, what do you do if all your offers would be AAB? well, 3 would be AAB and one would be AABc, so if you were to get more than 1 offer, what do you do? thanks :smile:

Firm one and insure the other. If you miss the grade, some uni's will take you some wont. For example my friend missed her grade by 2 marks and still got let in to medicine, so in this case your first choice might not allow it and the second one might, so you double your chances if you miss the grades of being accepted.
Firm your favourite, insurance another with the same/lower grade requirement. No point firming the one with the highest grades if you don't want to go there.

:smile:
Your insurance can have the same grades as your firm, you don't have to decline your other offers if they're all for the same grades.
Reply 6
Ignoramus
Your insurance can have the same grades as your firm, you don't have to decline your other offers if they're all for the same grades.

How does that work??

And why do people think that they must choose the offer with the highest grades as their firm even though they don't want to go there?

Madness!
Dont just pick an insurance. On the off chance you do not make the grades, you want an insurance which may let you off the hook?
WackyJun
How does that work??

And why do people think that they must choose the offer with the highest grades as their firm even though they don't want to go there?

Madness!

Well according to UCAS you can have a firm and insurance conditional regardless of the conditions of the offer. And like Single Malt said, one university might be more lenient than another wrt offers.
Reply 9
Ignoramus
Well according to UCAS you can have a firm and insurance conditional regardless of the conditions of the offer. And like Single Malt said, one university might be more lenient than another wrt offers.

Hmm. Theoretically that makes sense but I think one would find that situation completely alien to medical applications.
WackyJun
Hmm. Theoretically that makes sense but I think one would find that situation completely alien to medical applications.

It's true but people do do it regardless...

Latest

Trending

Trending