Turn on thread page Beta

would you date a person that was very less intelligent than you watch

ReputationRep:
    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

But it depends how we are measuring intelligence anyway.

ReputationRep:
    This is a huge problem with girls.
    Intelligent ones are normally not that attractive, the attractive ones don't have much else to them apart from looks, and all the good-looking intelligent ones are either insane or taken.

Intelligence really isn't that much of a problem, but it'd be nice to be able to talk about work with them...as girls I've dated usually have really different academic interests to me...

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the individual person.
    Studying beauty therapy doesn't make you unintelligent... if you want to do something you'll do it, no matter how intelligent you are!
    But I would say from experience, if you can tell there's a major difference it's not a fun relationship.
    I had a major vodka related incident this new year's eve and kissed a guy I never would have normally gone for. First impressions, he was cute, but talking to him when sober I realised how different we were. I guess it's a personal thing, his constant wrong spelling and cluelessness about everything I'm passionate about just made me think no. I could DEFINITELY tell there was a big difference between us (not just academically... we had NOTHING in common)
    I don't mean to sound like a snob!
    It depends on the person really... and remember there are so many ways to measure intelligence.
    If you like her and you get on well... go for it. You never know, she might be being trained to give massages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireeex)
    Very less intelligent?

Im taking it this is advice for HER ?
    Not an issue here.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend got CDU in his A levels and is doing a vocational course at a higher education college atm, whereas I'm on a course at university that I had to achieve AAA for. We've been together for nearly 7 months now, so... yeah.

Intelligence means a lot more than grades.

Also loving the irony in the OP's post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOBO777)
    You are a silver spooned scottish stuck up sloth.
    Now try saying that in a Scottish accent.

ReputationRep:
    obviously otherwise i would be alone forever

ReputationRep:
    'very less intelligent'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Thread title fail.
    this

ReputationRep:
    yup in your case, i dont think there would be any type of issue...intelligence is not the important thing, she just has to have some sort of common sense and maturity (maybe).

personally, i prefer guys to be intelligent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really do think it matters, i'm not talking in the academic sense but you do need to be on a similar level to connect. Been there, tried it - it doesn't work
    Looks like youv'e already made your mind up then!!

I would have a problem with dating a beauty therapist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    This is a huge problem with girls.
    Intelligent ones are normally not that attractive, the attractive ones don't have much else to them apart from looks, and all the good-looking intelligent ones are either insane or taken.

Intelligence really isn't that much of a problem, but it'd be nice to be able to talk about work with them...as girls I've dated usually have really different academic interests to me...
    Bleak generalisation there :/
    You could say it's a huge problem with boys too!

ReputationRep:
    I find it ironic that you're branding someone as "very less intelligent than you".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJ4GK)
    :troll:

Intentional grammar errors in an attempt to be ironic.
    in afta dis troll sux

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Not if it meant they couldn't reasonably talk with me about the things I'm interested in, especially things like certain academic and current issue topics. But I think they'd have to be really unintelligent for that to be the issue, I don't really talk about stuff like that to any deep level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Bleak generalisation there :/
    You could say it's a huge problem with boys too!
    You can't talk about girls as a whole without generalising :dontknow:

And yes, the same can be said for guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Thread title fail.
    just about to write this.

OP: she sounds perfect for you.

ReputationRep:
    :O Your grammar is atrocious!!

If I were her, I wouldn't want to go out with you, especially if you are going to be so stuck up about intelligence. How do you know that you're more intelligent than her? Maybe she just wants to do Beauty Therapy because she's interested in that, rather than doing a degree. Don't judge people by what they want to do.

Oh, here you go:

Would you date someone that is less intelligent than you? In my case, there is a girl that has a crush on me (she's cute and good looking) but she is training to be a beauty therapist, where as I want to study at the University of Glasgow where grades are high (I'm not trying to be rude). Would you date her if you were in my shoe's?

ReputationRep:
    Ur thread title clearly shows ur much stupider than you think.
    so..
    GO FOR IT BABES.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.