Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

would you date a person that was very less intelligent than you watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would date Finn from Glee

The spelling and grammar issues suggest she might not be 'very less intelligent' than you. Hope this puts it in perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Hm..I've never dated a girl I consider to be of my, or higher, intelligence- they seem to go for idiots of guys -_-

As for the ilrs I did date, many people said it was bizarre, but hey, if they make you happy and you enjoy being with them, who gives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    You can't talk about girls as a whole without generalising :dontknow:

And yes, the same can be said for guys.
    Okay
    Just bear in mind that ~50% of girls have above average intelligence :yep: and ~50% have above average looks, there must be some overlap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you date a person that was very less intelligent than you?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shenzys)
    Yes, I would date Finn from Glee
    Hahahahaahah he's like Bambi isn't he

ReputationRep:
    Reading the title and then your first post made me chuckle. Anyway, intelligence comes in all forms. I may have two degrees but I wouldn't refuse to date somebody because they have lower grades than me or no degree. I'm assuming your definition of intelligence is based on grades and further education. As long as she's good at what she does, ambitious, content and I get on with her then there's no issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Incredible)
    The spelling and grammar issues suggest she might not be 'very less intelligent' than you. Hope this puts it in perspective.
    Nice sig..Reasonable doubt :cool: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If someone was attractive and/or had a good personality then i'd date them regardless of intelligence. I dont view intelligence as being particularly important when it comes to dating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Okay
    Just bear in mind that ~50% of girls have above average intelligence :yep: and ~50% have above average looks, there must be some overlap!
    :yep: I do bear that in mind. Not that common in my school though :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    only if she had smashing tits.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend is MUCH smarter than me and weve been goin out for a year and everything is perfetct

I'm a third year medic whilst my boyfriend is in his last year of sport and exercise development.
    It's not that i'm cleverer than him... it's that he's doing what he wants to do. Maybe this girl just WANTS to be a beauty therepist?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Would you date someone that is very much less intelligent than you ??. In my case there is this girl that has a crush on me (she's cute and good looking) but she training for a beauty therapist where as i ;want to study at univ Glasgow were grades are higher . (i'm not trying to be rude). And would you date her if you were in my shoe's
    Trust me, those aren't factors determining whether or not she's less intelligent than you.
    And the way your English is makes me believe things might be the other way round...
    Either way, I personally wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    If the grammar and sentence structure of your post is anything to judge you by, you can't really be picky.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Would you date someone that is very much less intelligent than you ??. In my case there is this girl that has a crush on me (she's cute and good looking) but she training for a beauty therapist where as i ;want to study at univ Glasgow were grades are higher . (i'm not trying to be rude). And would you date her if you were in my shoe's
    How ironic to post about intelligence with this many grammatical errors!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MooDee)
    Trust me, those aren't factors determining whether or not she's less intelligent than you.
    And the way your English is makes me believe things might be the other way round...
    Either way, I personally wouldn't.
    My favourite is the apostrophe in shoes

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't simply because I think I would run out of things to talk to them about. If they didn't have good general knowledge of politics, music, books etc then I would find it hard to relate to them. I find with friends like this, we usually end up talking and *****ing about people because there is nothing to talk about! This isn't good. So for me it would be a no no because I would get very bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Hahahahaahah he's like Bambi isn't he
    Lol, I never thought bambi but yeah he's just so cute,and dopey and clueless- you just wanna squish him and kiss the crap outta him :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becomingbindy)
    My favourite is the apostrophe in shoes
    Score for you. :sexface:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.