Turn on thread page Beta

would you date a person that was very less intelligent than you watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kodias)
    Don't think being unable to converse is the problem. The problem is having the patience to keep the converstion going and actually being able to enjoy the conversation.
    You don't need to have 'intelligent' conversations with the person you're going out with. If you have a desperate need for them, just go talk to your friends. Relationships aren't built on whether you can hold an intelligent conversation with someone... from experience I've been out with intelligent girls and you don't spend most of your time talking about the current economic situation in the UK.. you actually have fun conversations!

ReputationRep:
    "would you date a person that was very less intelligent than you"

Please consider your own intelligence first before judging others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomby1)
    Relationships aren't built on whether you can hold an intelligent conversation with someone...
    Not built entirely on that but I'd say some would fail without it, it depends on the people.

Like I said, each to his own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomby1)
    Yes, because intelligence isn't everything. Just because you can't have a conversation with someone about 'intelligent' things doesn't mean they're not a lovely person.
    Intelligence isn't everything, but I can't see myself ever entering into a long-term relationship with someone who appears to be much less intelligent than myself. Sure, she might be beautiful, but I think I would have a difficult time relating to her on any level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Hmm but you only have 17 posts?? :eek: at your signature!
    Check my profile for my real post count
    And ty.

ReputationRep:
    Just because someones a beauty therapist doesn't mean she isn't intelligent...

I woudn't not go out with someone because they weren't very intelligent because thats no reflection on how they are as a person. I wouldn't date someone who I thought was an absolute moron but plenty of "intelligent" people can fall into that category, you included OP

"very less intelligent"
    "were grades are higher"

Sounds like you are equally matched.

Seriously though, being a beauty therapist doesn't mean she's not intelligent.

Actually, I bet I know who you are. Do you want to do medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

Would you date someone that is very much less intelligent than you ??. In my case there is this girl that has a crush on me (she's cute and good looking) but she training for a beauty therapist where as i ;want to study at univ Glasgow were grades are higher . (i'm not trying to be rude). And would you date her if you were in my shoe's
    The fact that your thread is entitled "would you date a person that was very less intelligent than you" doesn't sound all that intelligent! No capital "W" and who says "Very less"?! And you put "were grades are higher" What's that mean?! Do you mean "Where"?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

Would you date someone that is very much less intelligent than you ??. In my case there is this girl that has a crush on me (she's cute and good looking) but she training for a beauty therapist where as i ;want to study at univ Glasgow were grades are higher . (i'm not trying to be rude). And would you date her if you were in my shoe's
    I did this once, but I just didn't feel like I didn't have anything in common with him.
    However, I would NEVER ignore my feelings for a person just because they are 'less intelligent'. If we had things in common and had lots of fun together, I think that is what matters.

And remember, IQ has nothing to do with maturity.

Good luck!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Who cares? My boyfriend didn't even go to college - wasn't suited to academics. It doesn't make him any less intelligent than me, and that girl is not any less intelligent than you just because she wanted to be a beauty therapist.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is the deal with the intelligence threads?

And yeah ok, everyone on TSR is intelligent. The word has lost it's meaning anyways. "OH HAROO, I HAS HEI INTELLEGENCE BIICOS MA MAM SED SO"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wingsofthedove)
    Anyone who witters on about intelligence as if it's the only human quality of value has precisely *nothing* to offer in the relationship stakes.

Sometimes relationships work just because of a good social connection and physical attraction. You don't have to select partners based on matching IQ scores, and if you tried you'd be missing out on a huge pool of potentially good relationships.

Saying that, I probably wouldn't date a guy who'd never heard of Dostoevsky.
    I have never heard of him. Is he more distinguished than Tolstoy or Jean-Jacques Rousseau??!

ReputationRep:
    What like you? "Very less" what on earth is that supposed to mean?! Umm, I wouldn't date someone who was completely thick as I'd want someone with a decent job. I'd like to date someone who was about the same as me.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't. I would look down on her and every time I talked about something "academic" like politics she would get really bored. However, I wouldn't care if she is somewhat more stupid or more intelligent as long she is open minded.

ReputationRep:
    There exists no such person :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    From this thread I'd guess you don't have to worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wingsofthedove)
    Anyone who witters on about intelligence as if it's the only human quality of value has precisely *nothing* to offer in the relationship stakes.

Sometimes relationships work just because of a good social connection and physical attraction. You don't have to select partners based on matching IQ scores, and if you tried you'd be missing out on a huge pool of potentially good relationships.

Saying that, I probably wouldn't date a guy who'd never heard of Dostoevsky.
    I think you would be missing out a huge pool of potentially good relationships if you demand that they have heard about Dostoevsky. Don't you think?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.