Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK, just to put this into perspective I really hate lying to my parents. However I am booked to go on holiday with my friends from tomorrow morning till sunday. I've told my parents I'm not leaving till Friday afternoon because they don't want me to miss any uni (they get weird about it because my brother is quite ill and misses a lot of school). However they now want me to email them my flight details so they can check when I've arrived!! what do i do? i've checked and there aren't any flights with the right airline (i told them i was flying ryanair) on friday afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    say you'll call when you arrive

ReputationRep:
    you could just try a different airline and say you thought it was ryanair but you got it wrong?

Or, just dont email them the flight details and say you forgot? Or just send them the details of the return flight and by the time they get back to you to ask for the outward journey it will be too late.

Should have just told them you were leaving tomorrow morning but that you didn't have any lectures for the rest of the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Draculara)
    you could just try a different airline and say you thought it was ryanair but you got it wrong?

Or, just dont email them the flight details and say you forgot? Or just send them the details of the return flight and by the time they get back to you to ask for the outward journey it will be too late.

Should have just told them you were leaving tomorrow morning but that you didn't have any lectures for the rest of the week
    Damn that would have been a good idea... too late dammit!

ReputationRep:
    why don't you just tell them the truth?
    after all, missing university is your own responsibility, not theirs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.