Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British named 'ugliest people in the world' Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or do Spanish people tend to be uglier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    They actually let me onto Beautifulpeople.com lol. win.
    Yay me too! :woo:
    Were obviously the best of the UK.. haha

ReputationRep:
    It could have something to do with the fact that not too long ago someone started a thread about this website kicking people off for gaining weight over Christmas so people flooded the site for fun.

I know I added myself just for the fun after reading that thread, knowing full well that I would be rejected. I'd never heard of the site before then. And as this is a UK site it meant that more British people joined just for the fun to see if they would get rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Haha..i hate to say, but i actually thought so at some point.LOL!

ReputationRep:
    I am so tempted to see if they accept me But I kinda doubt it :/

Anyway, who said 'beautiful' was skin deep? Some of us have beautiful personalities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibelongtoslytherin)
    I dont think thats true at all
    I've heard of that article too, and I also don't think its indicative of ALL Brits. I happen to know there are some very gorgeous people in Britain. One in particular especially, but them I'm biased:o:

ReputationRep:
    Haha oh well. Maybe all the gorgeous brits managed to find dates outside of the internet.

No offence, but it is very likely that it's actually true :p: My British friends have got nothing on my Finnish/Swedish friends :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    tbh it's true.

ReputationRep:
    WHY is the language option for 'English' represented by an American flag?? :hmmm:

P.S Unfortunately though, I agree with the sentiment of this thread, but on a global scale, I don't think the British are that bad, probably at the top end of the lower quarter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    Just because loads of fat gunters tried to sign up to an online dating site doesnt mean we are the ugliest :P

On a typical night out around town its pretty much always jam packed with hott ladies

You don't know hot until you've lived in the OC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsHamster)
    Partly due to us being so pale when compared to americans, italians, french, etc? But then Swedes aren't ugly. Strange.
    Swedes are darker skinned than the English. Scandinavians I have spoken to stereotype the English as being pasty with freckles.

The low acceptance rate doesn't imply Britons are particularly ugly, but suggests that many over-estimate their level of attractiveness. I find this to be true in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    At least we're not shallow and materialistic.

/covers up fabulous material wealth of the UK

Also, this is America:

This is soooooooo untrue! Like, wow, such a stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    This is soooooooo untrue! Like, wow, such a stereotype.
    Like, oh my god, really?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that actually, according to the CDC,(Center for Disease Control and Prevention) America is "home to the most obese people in the world." I don't think the person who posted the picture meant to imply that everyone in America is, obviously. Maybe meant (in fun?) to say, Britain may have the ugliest people, but America has the most overweight population.

I still stand by my original opinion though, and don't think Brits are ugly at all. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebracolors)
    I've heard that actually, according to the CDC,(Center for Disease Control and Prevention) America is "home to the most obese people in the world." I don't think the person who posted the picture meant to imply that everyone in America is, obviously. Maybe meant (in fun?) to say, Britain may have the ugliest people, but America has the most overweight population.

I still stand by my original opinion though, and don't think Brits are ugly at all. :o:
    I def agree. :yes:
    We certainly have a number of gluttons and unhealthy people and I could only assume the picture was meant in fun, but I have been dealing with a lot of stereotypes and just don't know how many people know they are not true!

But Britain certainly does not have the ugliest people in my opinion! Hence why I am heading there for university next year

And according to the BBC, the UK is working on catching up with us in our obesity levels. So it's not like overweight Americans are anomalies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_m16)
    Yay me too! :woo:
    Were obviously the best of the UK.. haha
    UK?...bit of an understatement :p:

ReputationRep:
    English language....American flag. How annoying. Well this news makes me feel happy, I shall not look in the mirror again or look at anyone else British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    UK?...bit of an understatement :p:

Whoa, looking by your pic, im not surprised they let you on! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Or it could merely be that our ugly people are more delusional? :hubba:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.