Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I made the biggest mistake and ruined any chance I had. PLEASE HELP!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    OP, did you just write "hi, how are you?" and nothing else?
    Yeah thats it, why?

ReputationRep:
    You're blowing that way out of proportion...it's only a website, just because someone doesn't respond to something you say on their "Wall" on a website, doesn't mean they hate you and it is going to be awkward when you see them...

ReputationRep:
    she probably thought wtf wen u sed thanks for add, then u suddenly deleted it... lol
    umm, i would say leave it for now..it too stalkerish 4 the mo

wen u talked to her once in person, how wos the convo? were there positive signs? did u chat for long? was it gd? did she smile..cos u never kno, it cud b a gd sign..hard to get...make u wait..u kno girls get al complicated ( trus me haha)

but den it cud jus be a ignore, sadly. in that case than dont worry cos its fb..never let fb change ur life lol

but personlay alow the fb thing for now...jus wen u see her..jus be like hey long time, den jok eround goin like i left u a fb msg but obv miss populour was too busy to reply or sumin :P ur make her laugh, compliment her but get your point accross..all in 1 scentece

ReputationRep:
    could be any of these:
    1. she might not know you posted
    2. she cba atm to reply (i do this)
    3. she hasn't replied back on chat cuz she may not be there
    4. DO NOT write in chat AGAIN cuz thats just annoying.

WAIT!

ReputationRep:
    You think you love her after saying hi once? Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n33t)
    she probably thought wtf wen u sed thanks for add, then u suddenly deleted it... lol
    umm, i would say leave it for now..it too stalkerish 4 the mo

wen u talked to her once in person, how wos the convo? were there positive signs? did u chat for long? was it gd? did she smile..cos u never kno, it cud b a gd sign..hard to get...make u wait..u kno girls get al complicated ( trus me haha)

but den it cud jus be a ignore, sadly. in that case than dont worry cos its fb..never let fb change ur life lol

but personlay alow the fb thing for now...jus wen u see her..jus be like hey long time, den jok eround goin like i left u a fb msg but obv miss populour was too busy to reply or sumin :P ur make her laugh, compliment her but get your point accross..all in 1 scentece
    Nice answer, well that once some kid I was with, my friend lol. She randomly walked past and he told her im the kid that likes her! I said hi she smiled and I think said thats cute not too sure about that, in a really shy way, but i walked off because she was on the phone. Im so shy like that, im awkward. Nice answer though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami092)
    Lol, I didn't know, so I deleted it off her wall, I wrote hi after I deleted it. Its going to be awkward in school, could I possibly make a joke??? Lol, im depressed because I think im in love with her, damn.
    No. You're over-thinking it all. If you're gonna talk to her, talk to her normally, without the mention of facebook/you adding her straight away. Just relax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hontoir)
    You think you love her after saying hi once? Oh dear...
    No, i've always seen her and found her to be so beautiful. She seemed so nice and is up close. I just need to talk to her, but not sure about what and when.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you cant base love on looks. Yes you do need to talk to her, and as many have said rather than online why not try meeting her first, as this will establish a first point of contact and trust.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I didn't know, so I deleted it off her wall, I wrote hi after I deleted it. Its going to be awkward in school, could I possibly make a joke??? Lol, im depressed because I think im in love with her, damn.
    thing is though, she'll have recieved an email saying you wrote 'hi thanks for the add' on her wall, so she'll know you sent that and then deleted it, and then she'll get an email about the new one. i'd suggest leaving it for a bit. doesn't matter how quickly you delete it she'll still get an email.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you cant base love on looks. Yes you do need to talk to her, and as many have said rather than online why not try meeting her first, as this will establish a first point of contact and trust.
    I know love isn't superficial, I feel attached to her really. Can't stop thinking about her, the problem is how am i meant to talk to her, she's always with her friend, and in a group. Also talk to her about what? How I emberassed myself on FB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebs101)
    thing is though, she'll have recieved an email saying you wrote 'hi thanks for the add' on her wall, so she'll know you sent that and then deleted it, and then she'll get an email about the new one. i'd suggest leaving it for a bit. doesn't matter how quickly you delete it she'll still get an email.
    Yeah I knwo, that was really stupid of me, I shoulnt've done that. I was nervous, trying to make an impression, obviously i've made a bad one now.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I finally decided to add the girl I really like on FB, only ever said hi to her once. I added her, but stupidly took the advice of my friends and said thanks for the add, but you only say that if someone added you!! Deleted my post, and then wrote hi how are you? She didn't reply, she's been active and talked to other people, its obvious that she ignored my post. I've freaked her out, is there anyway to rectify this, please help. She doesn't like me now obviously right??
    I think you might be over reacting a little bit, OP.
    talk to her in real life, its far easier speaking to people in real life and then on facebook than the other way round. I'm sure you haven't freaked her out too much, but show that you can talk to her in real life too!

ReputationRep:
    I know love isn't superficial, I feel attached to her really. Can't stop thinking about her, the problem is how am i meant to talk to her, she's always with her friend, and in a group. Also talk to her about what? How I emberassed myself on FB.
    I aint gunna spell it all out for you kid, work it out... youve got her fb, you can even find out what she likes, pluck up enough confidence and approach her, or see if youve got any mutual friends and spend more time with them..

ReputationRep:
    I aint gunna spell it all out for you kid, work it out... youve got her fb, you can even find out what she likes, pluck up enough confidence and approach her, or see if youve got any mutual friends and spend more time with them..
    Fair enough, I need to develop the quality which is usually reffered to as independence. Anyway thannks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    leave her alone, if she wanted to get bk to you, she would have. i know it mgiht sounds harsh...but normally its true....just give her a gd old stalk now and then =)

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is srs bsns.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it. She'll still have got the email even though you deleted it (I think) so she might be a bit surprised by 2 comments (1 deleted) and a fb chat.

Wait a bit, see what she's like when you see her again in person?

ReputationRep:
    Spam her page with more comments. Tell her how beautiful she is and what you would like to name your kids. Girls love this :top:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm joking. You need to do the exact opposite to this. Speak to her in person and get to know her irl and then move to the internets.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Spam her page with more comments. Tell her how beautiful she is and what you would like to name your kids. Girls love this :top:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm joking. You need to do the exact opposite to this. Speak to her in person and get to know her irl and then move to the internets.

:awesome:
    Thanks most true advice i've got on here. I must try that! I'll get back to you about what she does when I dod that! :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.