Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I made the biggest mistake and ruined any chance I had. PLEASE HELP!! watch

ReputationRep:
    You must calm down. Right now.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you, like 14? You think you love her and you've ruined your love by writing a bland message to her on Facebook? Seriously?

Just man up and talk to her, dude, and I mean in the real world, not over the internet. Let's just consider the possibilities:

a) You strike up a conversation and get to know her. She likes you too! She thinks you're soulmates! You have amazing sex and a dream wedding and hundreds of beautiful children!

b) You strike up a conversation and get to know her. She's not interested. Oh well, at least now you know and it'll be a bit easier for you next time you want to talk to a girl.

c) You do nothing and pine over her from a distance and at night you cry into your life-size anime girlfriend pillow and in 80 years time you die old and alone and your last thought as you fade into oblivion is, "God dammit, why didn't I just grow some nuts and talk to that hot girl when I was like 12 or whatever?"

You're Facebook friends now (OH MY GOD!!!!!) so go have a wee stalk and find out what she's into and then next time you see her at school, do a little "5... 4... 3... 2... 1!" countdown in your head and then walk over and say, "Hey, what's up, I noticed you too are into taxidermy!" and you will be in her knickers in no time. Or at least in less time than it would have taken if you just did ****-all.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to barge in, just had to say: she's not going to hate u cos u accidentally sed "thanks for the ad."

If she has any sense she'll know u meant "thanks for accepting" but got a bit mixed up. It happens. and they're rite: it IS just facebook. I wouldn't give up entirely just because you didn't start off in the way you'd like to have done.

But when u do talk to her, try asking her things, nothing personal just general chit chat. It'll prevent awkwardness and u can get to know her a bit more. If it's meant to be, that might break the ice.

ReputationRep:
    why you so shy?
    whats the worst that can happen?
    just have the courrage, i know its hard but its life.

you talk to her, it goes wrong..atelast you tried?
    you don't talk to her, nothings happened...and you find yourself on TSR typin this thing lol

seriously..i know for me its easy to say talk to her..esp cos im quite a chatty perosn myself
    but just get the courage, you took a step by fbing her, then msging her..just chat to her.
    or just tell yourself you have no chance with her
    then even if you mess up, you wont feel as gutted beause you would think you have no chance
    and if it goes fine than you got something to be proud about

ReputationRep:
    You know guys I have blown it out of proportion, I'm 17 nearly 18 lol. I like the anime pillow that's funny lol. I'll try to talk to her tomorrow; I thnk she's in some beauty thing so I'll ask her about that.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't make any more 'moves' on facebook or you might seem too keen. Actually, you probably already seem too keen.

You'll have to speak to her in person, work at it little by little if you can.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.