Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    once the exams standard grades are done
    we do them sometime in may/early june i think
    glasgow does them earlier
    do we just finish for the summer before everyone else?
    thats what 4th/5th/6th year done last year the school was empty

ReputationRep:
    At my school, and I assumed this was the same for everyone, after our exams we started our 5th year timetable. This year after my exams I will be starting my 6th year timetable in June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feo)
    once the exams standard grades are done
    we do them sometime in may/early june i think
    glasgow does them earlier everyone does them at the same time on the same day
    do we just finish for the summer before everyone else? only if you're leaving school
    thats what 4th/5th/6th year done last year the school was empty that would be during the exams - study leave. They come back, the timetable changes, and eveyone moves up a year.
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Nonie No is right, your school sets the exams according to the SQA's timetable (you can see this currently on the SQA website), the only varation could be the timing...for example, when I sat my standard grades the SQA allowed us to make them half an hour later than usual because our school started at 9.10am

And no, most schools want you to get a good kick-start into your highers/int 2s asap as they are very hard. You'll get the induction day (the death talks) where you're told about how hard Highers/Int 2s are and how it's going to be the worst year of your life, and then you start your courses. Sometimes you get summer homework too, like the personal study.

I sure do not miss school! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I sure do not miss school! lol
    Hehe I don't blame you

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.