Turn on thread page Beta

errrr...why arent i losing weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am eating clean (white meats/fish, only good carbs, lots of fruit smoothies with nuts/seeds etc) and I'm exercising for about half an hour every day (and it makes me feel like I'm going to die :p: ) yet my weight hasnt shifted AT ALL, and I've been doing this for a month. I still have hugeamongus thighs and everything seems just as wobbly! :p:

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    you're either still eating too much or not working enough. simple.

what are your stats atm?

ReputationRep:
    just eating nothing 2 days a week, simples

ReputationRep:
    How many smoothies? Fruit has a lot of sugar. But that's the only thing I can think of from what you've said.

ReputationRep:
    what you are doing is right, you may not see results so early, just carry on and you should only be concerned when you are not seeing results after a good couple of months 4 weeks can be enough for some people to loose 1 stone but for some its takes longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarantuLove)
    I am eating clean (white meats/fish, only good carbs, lots of fruit smoothies with nuts/seeds etc) and I'm exercising for about half an hour every day (and it makes me feel like I'm going to die :p: ) yet my weight hasnt shifted AT ALL, and I've been doing this for a month. I still have hugeamongus thighs and everything seems just as wobbly! :p:

Any ideas?
    Smoothies are healthy, but not a great way to lose weight. Same with nuts etc. They're very fattening! Why not try this?

Breakfast: Salt and Vinegar Snack-a-jacks with hummus
    Lunch: Some fruit or a rice pudding pot or something small
    Dinner: Fish or Chicken with green vegetables

If you need to snack there are these amazing jellys that are like 7 calories per a pot and come in loads of different flavours This is fun dieting because all the food tastes so good!

Maybe up your exercise to an hour as well? 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the afternoon to break it up or something? Or just try walking more.

ReputationRep:
    depends what you weight, i mean you might be one of these thin girls who thinks shes fat when shes not so you might not be losing weight but you might be losing inches

ReputationRep:
    you're probably eating more than you think >_< count calories, if you really wanna lose weight stick to under 1200 a day, even if you do this and no exercise you should lose 1-2lbs a week....
    http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
    use this site i love it (: whats your BMI by the way? because if you're already underweight it will take longer to see results

ReputationRep:
    lol at that last post ..

ReputationRep:
    What are your portion sizes like?
    They might need reducing.
    Also smoothies have a lot of sugar in them so cut back.

Keep a record of your measurements, as you might be losing inches.

ReputationRep:
    it's something to do with your metabolism :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    lol at that last post ..

agreed

ReputationRep:
    Fruit is actually surprisingly sugary, so cut down on that and eat veggies instead. You can still eat fruit, but fruit smoothies with nuts are probs a bad idea if you're trying to lose weight.

you need to work out how many calories you need to be eating to lose weight (see link), and then start counting calories, not just 'eat healthy and hope for the best'. you could be eating tons.

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

oh yeh, and stay away from nuts, they are UBER calorific.

ReputationRep:
    You really need to start counting calories as a first step. Calorie information exists for basically everything, so why not work out right away how many calories you've had over the last few days? Remember that everything counts including milk, sauces, etc.

Only vegetables can really be eaten almost infinitely. Fruit and pretty much everything else adds up very quickly, with a basic example being that a banana has as many calories as a bag of crisps.

So while eating the right stuff is important, it's easy to see how you can go overboard.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the people saying that smoothies can have a lot of calories, and also nuts! And yeah, maybe check your portion sizes. Even if you're eating really healthy food, if you're eating a whole load of it you'll struggle to lose weight.
    Also what kind of exercise are you doing? It might not be doing it for you.

What're your stats btw? Like people are saying, if you're really big it's easier to lose more weight than say someone who is of average size trying to lose a couple of pounds

Good luck though, hope you start seeing results!

ReputationRep:
    If you feel like you are going to die what are you doing? Maybe lower the intensity and thusly lower your heart rate (somewhere closer to your fat burning zone... despite how controversial this zone is). You might be doing the wrong thing to burn fat from your body, burning mostly carbs instead. Have you tried HIIT? Walk us through what you do... =]

ReputationRep:
    yeah i agree with keeping portion sizes in check as well as how much fruit you have, im lucky that im not keen on fruit but i love veggies so i can fill up on them yum yum lol

work out your BMR, ive got a thread in this forum and someone posted a good link to working it out, then once you work that out eat 500 less than it says for weight loss

be careful on the nuts aswell cause even though they are healthy the cals are whoppingly high so dont have too many

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarantuLove)

Any ideas?
    It could be the nuts... They have way more calories than you would expect! A suggested snack portion is rediculously small, I just don't eat them as snacks anymore tbh. Agree with other posts that it could be your portion sizes - See how big your dinner plates are, if they're on the large side, maybe buy smaller plates/bowls to help you cut your portion sizes down? I like the jelly idea Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you've reached a plateau? Try eating new things, doing different types of excercise

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.