Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im in court next week (dont ask) . anyway i was fine before i found out that my solicitor went to nottingham trent! feel a little errr... you know , now

ReputationRep:
    Don't "commit" a crime then?

So?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're in court, you're not really in a position to judge..

ReputationRep:
    I prefer kangaroo courts. They're so cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    Well if you're in court, you're not really in a position to judge..

have you never heard of innocent until proven guilty???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Night_Hawk)
    have you never heard of innocent until proven guilty???
    Yes, but there must be some evidence against you seeing as you got to court in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    Yes, but there must be some evidence against you seeing as you got to court in the first place.
    yes a decription of a irish man with curly black hair, I have never been to ireland in my life and my hair is brown and straight, so surely if you were in the wrong place at the wrong times and being accused of a crime you wouldn't even dream of doing you'd be worried about your solicitor going to a bad university??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prussianking666)
    Don't "commit" a crime then?
    I didn't

ReputationRep:
    yes a decription of a irish man with curly black hair, I have never been to ireland in my life and my hair is brown and straight, so surely if you were in the wrong place at the wrong times and being accused of a crime you wouldn't even dream of doing you'd be worried about your solicitor going to a bad university??
    He wouldn't even be your solicitor if he couldn't do the job. Why don't you have a bit more faith? Besides, if you didn't do it, and have never even been to ireland, then it should be easy for him to get you off then shouldn't it?

Personally, I think you should tell him that he went to a 'bad' university.

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to be telling us all this? >_>

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't judge him just because he went to Nottingham Trent. You don't even know of the life experience he has.

ReputationRep:
    im in court next week (dont ask) . anyway i was fine before i found out that my solicitor went to nottingham trent! feel a little errr... you know , now
    Are you just going to Magistrates Court? He probably won't have to say much other than a few lines (if you're the defendant) because the prosecutor usually summarises the case. Don't worry, if he's in court, he's reputable and trustworthy or he'd still be doing admin work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eden09)
    Are you just going to Magistrates Court? He probably won't have to say much other than a few lines (if you're the defendant) because the prosecutor usually summarises the case. Don't worry, if he's in court, he's reputable and trustworthy or he'd still be doing admin work.
    If there is a guilty plea...

If there is a not guilty plea then they will have to sort of argue, call witnesses, cross examine etc. to determine who is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    If there is a guilty plea...

If there is a not guilty plea then they will have to sort of argue, call witnesses, cross examine etc. to determine who is right.
    True, but if they need to call witnesses aren't they more likely to refer it to the crown? (my court knowledge is a bit rusty)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eden09)
    True, but if they need to call witnesses aren't they more likely to refer it to the crown? (my court knowledge is a bit rusty)
    I don't think so. I've seen witnesses called in the magistrates court. I think it's referred to the crown court depending on the offence.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming everything spoken on here is truth, here is the more streamlined proceedings that would take place if I was Ultimate Ruler of Earth:

Judge: Do you have evidence that he was in the vicinity at the time of the crime?

Prosecuting: No.

Judge: Do you have evidence that he was in the same city at the day of the crime?

Judge: Do you have evidence that he was in the same country in the last 20 years up to and including the day of the crime?

Judge: Do you have DNA evidence?

Judge: We shall reconvene in 15 minutes for the sentencing of the prosecuting to death.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.