Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What puts you off a guy/girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    As in the title, what characterisitics of a guy or a girl put you right off them?

For me:

-Being overweight. I don't mind curves..but if they're full blown at..eurgh..it wouldn't be so bad, but its always the fat ones who have the most confidence O_0

-Red lipstick; Guys, it fits some girls. Some girls. The rest of you look like clowns.

-the whole being dumb to be cute thing. No..just..no.

Fire away

(inb4: 'Im an elitist tsr user; use the search engine')

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence level, they don't need to be geniuses just have to have a decent level of intelligence and be able to hold a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    If they are sexually attracted to the same gender.

ReputationRep:
    smoking :yuck:

edit: actually that's a lie, I fancied my boyfriend when he smoked so it can't have been that much.. i think he's an exception though, and I started dating him after he stopped smoking. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Somebody...

Ignorant
    Unysmphatetic
    & Stupid

all put me off

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance.
    Trackies tucked into socks :facepalm:
    An inability to hold a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Facial hair. I simply can't stand it. It makes me shiver.

Obviously stupid guys and those who talk just about themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Girls who:

- Are overweight
    - Have no care for themselves
    - Have poor fashion sense

Guys that are extremely arrogant, unkind, hate children, talk about their exes, smoke pot (or do drugs of any kind), stupid, boring, have no sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    A penis

ReputationRep:
    Girls that think they are sooooo nice when they're really not (a lot of girls at my uni are like this).

Girls that are loud and unfeminine. A girl can have a tomboyish personality (if we adhere to stereotypes) but still be feminine in her demeanour and the way she carries herself.

Edit: I probably should add really overweight girls (sorry? ), girls who are dull as dishwater with little personality or independent thought and girls who think they are The Sun and the whole world revolves around them.

ReputationRep:
    smoking
    drug taking
    drinking
    girly boys
    guys not into football
    skinny lads

ReputationRep:
    *****iness in the extreme just kills my boner. I don't understand it =/

ReputationRep:
    Them having about as much personality as a crowbar puts me off a girl big time.

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance
    and spitting - ew.

ReputationRep:
    A girl that's not at least 7/10.

ReputationRep:
    I hate, hate, HATE guys with long nails. Eurgh, it's just creepy and revolting.
    I hate skinny guys. A little bit of meat is incredibly attractive and manly.
    Body odour is disgusting if it's really bad. A tiny bit can be quite sexy and masculine.
    In terms of personality, I hate overconfident boys, arrogant boys and boys that belittle and bully other people.

ReputationRep:
    can't be overweight.

can't be a shlaaaaaag. got no time for them.

can't take herself too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is a definite turn off, as is lip piercings on girls definite no no

Sluts are another thing that i detest

ReputationRep:
    Overweight, bushy eyebrows and general arrogant toffness are the main ones. Other things that are turnoffs, my flatmate for example, good looking but smokes like a chimney and laughs like a strangled donkey.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.