Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    If they are too skinny, if they are too short, if they are ignorant, if they don't laugh at my jokes and don't make funny jokes in return (i.e No banter) if they drink too much. if they smoke, if they don't put God first, if they think they are right about everything even when they are not, if they are just stupid stupid stupid, if they treat me like I'm beneath them/not good enough for them (and other variations on that theme) lots and lots and lots of things can put me off.

this list makes me sound really fussy, but I'm talking relationship context, most of these things would do little to impinge on a friendship!
    Im not anti-religion, but I personally would not be ale to stand a girl who puts such an empasis on religion for a rlatonship, and unfortunately you'll find few people that do.

ReputationRep:
    Tangoed :P
    Bad Attitude
    Smoking
    Attention Seeking!!!!!
    Acting like a massive slut

The usual stuff to be fair ^^ my standards are not over the top, but no whore is going to charm their way with me none the less (:

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by James4d)
    Im not anti-religion, but I personally would not be ale to stand a girl who puts such an empasis on religion for a rlatonship, and unfortunately you'll find few people that do.
    depends where you look its not that it is an empasis as such, I find it really hard to explain to people who have no relegion why I think it is important, I guess I fear that I'd have to hide a large part of myself from someone who didn't hold the same beliefs and values because I don't feel they'd understand and me putting God before them could become a straining point. Would you really understand someone saying I think God is telling me to do X, Y, Z? Cos I do get really strong feelings/instincts whatever you want to call it and I think that is how God communicates with me.

sorry I've written an essay now. Don't worry, you can tl:dr me :P

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand really arrogant guys who think they can click their fingers and get any women. It's even worse if their not even that attractive.

I'm not a great fan of when guys highlight their hair, I think it just looks weird. Ive only seen a few guys pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob6709)
    Your mean!
    :lolut: why?

ReputationRep:
    - Self obsession
    - Vanity
    - Arrogance
    - Ignorance
    - Cruel humour
    - Closed mind
    - Laziness

ReputationRep:
    oh, long hair aswell

ReputationRep:
    depends where you look its not that it is an empasis as such, I find it really hard to explain to people who have no relegion why I think it is important, I guess I fear that I'd have to hide a large part of myself from someone who didn't hold the same beliefs and values because I don't feel they'd understand and me putting God before them could become a straining point. Would you really understand someone saying I think God is telling me to do X, Y, Z? Cos I do get really strong feelings/instincts whatever you want to call it and I think that is how God communicates with me.

It is important for me to date someone who has faith (or at least understands and respects that God is the centre of my life) too.

ReputationRep:
    If they're extremely shy
    they dont know what to do or what they want
    long nails,
    VERY haiy
    smelly
    smoker
    unhygienic
    lazy
    over weight
    boring- doesnt have any hobbies or interest
    unintelligent
    cant take himself or me seriously,
    thinks he's funny when he's not,
    YELLOW TEETH,
    Doesnt look after himself at all,
    Looks after himself too much,
    self obssessed,
    football maniac/hooligan
    alot of tattoos,
    short tempered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I'm gonna be the only person in here to say I love a guy who takes a few drugs every now and then.

Shoot me.
    Lol nope me too - but only cuz I'd want to join too :p: just occasionally

ReputationRep:

Nah I read it :P I was pretty harsh when I quoted you, sorry. I do see where you're comming from, but surely if a guy loved you that much he would understand you have feelings, instincts and obligations he may not understand. I really don't mind dating a religious person, as long as they don't force their views upon me or anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    fatttieesss & orange tan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qazwsx123)
    Lol nope me too - but only cuz I'd want to join too :p: just occasionally

:ninja:

Druggys are fun. :nosebleed:

ReputationRep:
    ....stiffness and lack of breathing :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Girls:
    Orange complexion
    *****iness, arrogance
    Being quite/too thin (it scares me!)
    Constantly checks on how she looks when she's out trying to enjoy herself

Guys:
    Too much muscle
    Shorter than me (because I'm really quite short but for some reason I don't mind with girls )
    Arrogance and being patronising
    Overly obsessed with how they look

I don't mind drinking/smoking/mild drug use, seems a lot of people do...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    guys&gals:
    - complete disinterest in body modification
    - singlemindedness
    - doesn't understand my body is mine when it comes to aesthetics. (piercings, tattoos). i don't mind if it affects functionality though (piercings down there, etc)
    - hate smoking
    - can't chill out
    - do too many drugs
    - religious
    - orange
    - skinny (i break them)
    - short hair (although on some guys it does look ok i guess... and if i was in a relationship and they wanted to cut it all off i wouldn't mind. i'm just talking initial attraction here)
    - homophobic

i find smoking, long hair, modification and blazing quite attractive =]

ReputationRep:
    -people who aren't willing to try anything once.
    -short guys - eg. under six foot, must have for me seeing as i'm 5"11+1/2
    -hairless bodies (face is alright if you wanna shave, but some stubble is always nice )
    -people who take themselves too seriously/are really sensitive to insults
    -a little bit of style is always nice
    -must be clever/if not academic clever, know a lot about the world and be able to talk about important things
    -being religious. i cannnnnnot stand it.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by James4d)
    Nah I read it :P I was pretty harsh when I quoted you, sorry. I do see where you're comming from, but surely if a guy loved you that much he would understand you have feelings, instincts and obligations he may not understand. I really don't mind dating a religious person, as long as they don't force their views upon me or anyone else.
    No worries, I didn't notice your post as being particularly harsh..

would a guy get so far as loving me X much without understanding those things though? If I didn't understand such a fundamental part of someone's life I don't think the relationship would progress that far. and I'd feel by sharing my life with them either their views would change or mine would and I don't wish to seek to distance myself from God.

I would still be living my life for God, so my actions could be considered an expression of my views.. I guess people can choose to take or leave my company though.

what would you define as someone forcing their views on you?

It's funny how in practical situations like this faith/religion seems to complicate things, yet at the same time I just don't feel a need to worry about a single thing!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Becksy)
    It is important for me to date someone who has faith (or at least understands and respects that God is the centre of my life) too.
    Thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.