Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey

okay so now me and bf have been in a relationship and it will be 2 years in august. I'm 19 and he is 17. We do not have any problem between us regarding this ,but I was just wondering what would a thrid person's opinion be about it. Moreover we are in a long distance relationship. So things are very hard to manage but we do just fine.
    He is doing his A-levels and I'm in my 2nd year of medicine.
    Ok I know there are a gaps in everything between us not just the age, but I love him alot and I need him in my life and he loves me alot too. We have gone through alot of ups and downs , but we made it through so far. I felt every step I took towards making this work worthwhile.
    I never felt like he is younger than me, felt like a kiddo myself infront of him LOL
    He wants to get into engineering, so basically most probably he will finish his studies before me. We both are asians.
    Is age really a big issue like I have heard of? Is it not acceptable?

It's just two years, no biggie

ReputationRep:
    As long as you are happy, it really doesn't mater if you are older than him. Age is just a number, as they say.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a number.

ReputationRep:
    The two guys I've dated that were younger than me both turned out to be immature idiots incapable of communicating like adults or having normal human interaction.

Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    You will mess things up if you create an issue where one does not exist. Your happiness in the relationship is all that matters.

I find that guys who are my age or younger are intimidated by me and therefore lack confidence. Lack of confidence in a guy is very un-manly and a huge turn-off. So it doesn't work for me. It depends on what you want out of your relationship and whether he can provide that. If he's younger but makes you feel protected and you can look up to him (or whatever your criteria are), then age doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    If someone now told you the age gap between you two were unacceptable, would you break up with your boyfriend? If you say no, what's the point of your question then?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you sound just like me, except I'm doing Architecture. Lol. You're not the only one, and who cares, seriously?

yeah as I said in my earlier post, I don't really have a problem
    just needed some opinions
    thanks alot for all the responses =)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.