Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need some urgent advice! - *****y mean girls watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently at university and i'm living in a house with a few girls who i met during my time in halls in 1st year. Recently i've been feeling like they all just don't like me or just have a problem with me but just won't say what it is especially whenever i ask them they all say nothing but lately every now and again new things that they don't like about me have been popping up. the other day and recently they have been being mean to this other girl who none of them have a actual problem with and i said to one of them oh no that's not nice your being mean and i get snapped at. I don't know what to do i've tried ignoring them whenever they go off and basically whisper n talk about myself thinking i can't hear when i can. i only have less then 6 months now left in this house with them however now i'm thinking of taking this year out as i'm not enjoying my course as much as i would have done previously or even before coming to this university. It always seems its them three and that's it. When i had a falling out with one of them, i confronted them and told them how i felt about being left out etc and she responded basically by saying that i need to make myself get out there more i said to her that i would if i wasn't basically builled and made felt useless and just not welcomed. I really don't know what to do. One of the girls just craves attention and basically acts as if she knows it all and shows off when shes done something or has met someone famous trying to make myself and other jealous. Th other girls patronising and just well okies when she not with the attention seeking girl and vice versa when the attention seeking girl is not with the patrniser shes fine towards me...god i could go on and on

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really any advice to give apart from to accept that you aren't going to get on with some people. To be honest, this doesn't sound like a group I'd want to be friends with anyway, cliques are so infuriating - especially when they go out of their way to make others feel excluded.
    Why not invite actual friends around or go out to theirs if this place is so hellish?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.