Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Did anyone on here go for imperial open day?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yea wt it says

ReputationRep:
    erm, i think i speak for the majority of people here when i say "What?"... (i like you're sig).

ReputationRep:
    yea, there was a medical schoo, open day at imperial
    and cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I did and I really enjoyed it, I find it hilarious how the medics seemed to refuse to associate themselves with the rest of the university (different sports teams,union bar etc...).

I had a very quick look round UCl with a friend the same day, it looked really good to.

Not sure which one to apply to though. I may only be able to apply for one though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh, I went to that on Wednesday - really want to go to Imperial to study medicine =D
    Need to look around at some other uni's as well though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t3h_y0u553f)
    I did and I really enjoyed it, I find it hilarious how the medics seemed to refuse to associate themselves with the rest of the university (different sports teams,union bar etc...).

I had a very quick look round UCl with a friend the same day, it looked really good to.

Not sure which one to apply to though. I may only be able to apply for one though.
    i have the exact same problem, dont know whether i want to apply UCL or Imperial.
    goin fr the UCL open day on 29th march, guess i'll make a decision then!!

ReputationRep:
    I got a tour when i had my interview there- all universities departments are the same on the inside. Just go for a wander at some point and you can decide then

ReputationRep:
    According to my friend the imperial open day there was a huge number of asian and indian people, and not many fit girls Was this true?

ReputationRep:
    have they got their new prospectus out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t3h_y0u553f)
    I may only be able to apply for one though.
    Why?

(Original post by Virgil)
    According to my friend the imperial open day there was a huge number of asian and indian people, and not many fit girls Was this true?
    Imperial only has a vague notion of what the term "girl" means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A100whoo)
    have they got their new prospectus out yet?
    The prospectus for 2011 entry won't be available until around June/July this year. Having said that, a few medical schools have already started announcing the changes to the requirements on their websites.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone on here go for imperial open day??
    Rep for whoever can explain to me the growing trend (especially amongst East End rudeboys) of omitting "the" or "to" from sentences?

e.g. "I'm going Oceana"
    "U goin imperial?"

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Rep for whoever can explain to me the growing trend (especially amongst East End rudeboys) of omitting "the" or "to" from sentences?

e.g. "I'm going Oceana"
    "U goin imperial?"

Well time is money and people are dropping syllables from sentences to quicken the pace of conversations. :p:

ReputationRep:

e.g. "I'm going Oceana"
    "U goin imperial?"

Many east end rudeboys are finding that post-recession there is a lot more competition to be rude. Many people are now positively queuing up waiting for the opportunity to stand around at street corners swigging cider and being "well hard".

As such, your standard east end rudeboy is now positively inundated in this cut-throat world with people after his job. This therefore means he has to stay ahead if he wants to stay rude. One way of doing this is by streamlining his exertions for maximum efficiency. By dropping just one word from a 4 word sentence he can increase his productivity by 25%.

Hope I could be of some help.

ReputationRep:

e.g. "I'm going Oceana"
    "U goin imperial?"

sorry, i was using my iphone while puting that up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhijitnair)
    sorry, i was using my iphone while puting that up.
    I've lost count of the number of people who have used that as an excuse. Have Apple started encouraging the use of poor grammar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Why?

Imperial only has a vague notion of what the term "girl" means.
    Because I may want to apply to oxbridge as well. And if I applied to three BMAT unis it would be too risky.

ReputationRep:
    One of my mates texted a guy on my firm today going "U goin ward round x"...KCL graduate mind you!

I heard someone else say "arks" to a granny the other day in a clerking...I was like :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Did they mention anything about introducing A*'s next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_smurf)
    Did they mention anything about introducing A*'s next year?
    they said they were gonna keep to the AAA offers.

I went on the open day too. I only want to apply to 1 BMAT university since I don't want to risk losing 2/3 potential places, so I was confused as to which uni I should apply for - UCL or Imperial. Having gone to the open day, i'd say I prefer imperial, but I may very well change my mind on the 29th march XD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.