Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

uni students: when and how often do you go to the gym? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i am just interested - when do you uni students use the gym? what times of the day and which days? thanks for all replies

ReputationRep:
    I don't go gym because as a student it costs a lot!

I brought myself a heavy punching bag and use it for a work-out about twice a week, an hour each day. Normally Wednesday evening's because the week is always stressful and Saturday mornings to get me refreshed for the weekend.

Upper body is looking crazy atm!

ReputationRep:
    Never.

I occasionally go running in the evening... cos that's free

ReputationRep:
    twice

ReputationRep:
    monday, wednesday and friday, times vary cos I've been trying to find a time when it isn't too busy, went about 6:30 ish before xmas but 4ish seems the best now, just before the rush

ReputationRep:
    Not often enough!
    Only about once or twice a week now. Times vary depending on when i can be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going every day at the moment. I'm at uni in Sweden and the gym here is AMAZING - cost me about £120 for a 12-month membership and I can go to any of the exercises (they run all day every day and cover SO many different forms of exercise) and use any of the gym equipment.

Yeah, so I'm trying to go a gym class every day!

ReputationRep:
    I never go, life's too short. I have to cycle several miles each day anyway though, so I probably get enough exercise.

ReputationRep:
    1-2 times a week. I should probably go more, tbh..

ReputationRep:
    never :unsure:

But alot of people I know go quite often, well they paid for a gym membership and I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    I go everyday if I can. Usually around 3-4pm for an hour or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOBO777)
    I don't go gym because as a student it costs a lot!

I brought myself a heavy punching bag and use it for a work-out about twice a week, an hour each day. Normally Wednesday evening's because the week is always stressful and Saturday mornings to get me refreshed for the weekend.

Upper body is looking crazy atm!
    lol I really hope you actually no how to punch a punch bag and not just swinging crazy stupid hooks for an hour like every other moron at the gym.

As for me, i dont go gym but i do go to my sub wrestling and mma training which is probabyl abotu 4-5 times a week for about hour and a half to 2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    My friends tend to go every other day.

I, being northern, go swimming every other day in the Olympic swimming pool because its FREE

ReputationRep:
    Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. There for 7am, back home by 8.30am

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to go swiming 3 times a week (suceeding to far) and play hockey twice a week (no doing so well on that one)

I tried going to the gym (free here) but I didn't really enjoy it, might try another time but not atm.

ReputationRep:
    I don't because it costs a lot of money.. Muscle workouts come from climbing and I cycle to lectures, go for a run on Wednesdays when I usually have spare time in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barton1)
    lol I really hope you actually no how to punch a punch bag and not just swinging crazy stupid hooks for an hour like every other moron at the gym.

As for me, i dont go gym but i do go to my sub wrestling and mma training which is probabyl abotu 4-5 times a week for about hour and a half to 2 hours.
    lol, i make sure i wrap hands properly, not to burn myself out, get my body position right and never to punch the bag as it's swinging towards you. Im actually good mates with a national ABA champion so tend to get tips off him.

ReputationRep:
    Three/Four times a week I go quite late though, usually between 6:30 and 8:00 I'm there for around an hour and a half :p:

(New years resolution).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    I'm going every day at the moment. I'm at uni in Sweden and the gym here is AMAZING - cost me about £120 for a 12-month membership and I can go to any of the exercises (they run all day every day and cover SO many different forms of exercise) and use any of the gym equipment.

Yeah, so I'm trying to go a gym class every day!
    OT but I am sorry:

1. I recall hearing that if you do PG study in Sweden it is free. Is this true, and is this why you are there?

2. Do they all speak in Swedish? Does this mean you speak Swedish?

ReputationRep:
    I go about once a week, would go more but the gym is very cramped and often has the same people in every day using the weights and bench press and grunting then on the rare chance a woman comes in they try and chat her up so its not a very good atmosphere and I prefer more personal places.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.