Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

uni students: when and how often do you go to the gym? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    OT but I am sorry:

1. I recall hearing that if you do PG study in Sweden it is free. Is this true, and is this why you are there?

2. Do they all speak in Swedish? Does this mean you speak Swedish?
    It is true, and it is a large part of why I am here! They have tons of Master's programmes in English, so I study in English, and everyone here speaks great English anyway so it's never been an issue. You can get free Swedish classes though, so I speak a little bit.

No probs with the questions, too - PM if you have more!

ReputationRep:
    4-5 times a week. whenever i have a spare 2 hours, usually after uni finishes.

ReputationRep:
    3-4 times a week.

My uni gym is only £100 for the year, so £8.30 a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    3-4 times a week.

My uni gym is only £100 for the year, so £8.30 a month
    Mine is £40 for a year and £80 for 3 years for students but is in a small room, as I say full of sports students who are obsessed with weights and grunt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    as I say full of sports students who are obsessed with weights and grunt.
    Yup, thats me... haha.

Oh and to answer the original question: I just go up to campus either an hour or so before a lecture and go then, or just to after my lecture.

ReputationRep:
    3 times a week, Tuesday and Thursday around 5pm and Saturday at 10.30am.

For me it's £35 a year for a seriously well-equipped powerlifting-focused gym which is in a separate room to the lousy normal student gym which is full of machines with no barbells and no dumbbells more than 24kg.

ReputationRep:
    Always at least 3 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    I used to go 6 days a week, but now I'm more developed and doing much larger weights, I go 3 or 4 times on average now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to the gym, but I usually run 5 days a week, normally in the afternoon or evening, 5-10 miles at a time.

ReputationRep:
    3-5 times a week for c.1 hour . Just weights, no cardio.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed they are replying to a question asked by a member who is now permanently banned?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.