Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm so shocked guys!!! i'm not sure whether it's a placebo or whether it's genuinely true, but i drank a cup of horlicks and went out like a candle when i went to sleep. Before i was sneezing and i think it was allergies or something. I hope it's healthy, because i'm gonna start using it everyday. I'm just saying guys you should try it!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks, I'll try that! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Horlicks is essentially a warm milky drink which in itself can help relax the body. It's a malty drink which is packed with calcium and other vitamins which help suppress the active areas of the brain. Therefore helping you to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    cheers, I will, normally if I have trouble sleeping I have a brandy of whisky but I will try that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will try it; it smells like a malty nightmare. But I can look your posts up if I'm ever having trouble sleeping. Ehh, i'm just ribbing you. It's my way.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, forgot about Horlicks. It's been taking hours for me to get to sleep in the past few weeks . . . it's killing me.

I might pick some up next time I go shopping

ReputationRep:
    It kinda worked for me yesterday. I ended up waking up at 4.19am this morning.

ReputationRep:
    I use Sominex herbal tablets.

As long as you don't use them for more than a week at a time and give it a couple of weeks in between use they work... As for Horlicks, I predict you will begin to get used to the effect in the next couple of days and it'll stop working...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i'll keep on doing it . thing is with tablets, there's a drug/hormone being induced into the system, being me, i don't trust this, a drink sounds way more natural. You're probably right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanakataku7)
    thing is with tablets, there's a drug/hormone being induced into the system, being me, i don't trust this, a drink sounds way more natural.
    Some people say alcohol is a drug.
    It's not a drug, it's a drink.

ReputationRep:
    Horlicks doesnt work for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try Horlicks. This gap year has completely screwed up my sleeping habits.

ReputationRep:
    I just drink a few beers. Puts me out like nothing else can.

Beer is essentially a cool alcoholic drink which in itself can help relax the body. It's a bitter drink which is packed with malted barley and other cereal grains which help suppress the active areas of the brain. Therefore helping you to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    i'll be giving it a go...as i'm still awake at this time

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Just don't eat Horlicks raw. A mate at school did and he was trumping like hell all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Just don't eat Horlicks raw. A mate at school did and he was trumping like hell all day.
    woops. i have a little taste raw when i come back from school. i'll note not to do that!!

Oh yeah by the way, thought you'd like to know it's got quite a couple of vitamins and minerals, i NEVER eat veg so this is an uppie. But the calories on this drink are horrendous. so if your watching your figure get the extra light one. The taste isn't the best thing in the world, though! i wish they made chocolate!!!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.