Turn on thread page Beta

Chicane-Saltwater .....the best trance record ever????

Supermode - Tell Me Why .....equally as good?

ReputationRep:
    Chicane is a legend. Trance and Euphoria are some of the best genres of music IMO in terms of bringing out emotions. There's nothing more enjoyable to me than driving tight country roads at night with some Trance cranked up and powerful lights cutting through the darkness. If you're going to make a video about 90's rallying then Trance is what you use for the sound track. That Supermode song reminds me of **** Van Dyke's 'Castles in the Sky'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    Chicane-Saltwater .....the best trance record ever????

Supermode - Tell Me Why .....equally as good?
    typical jewish post.

(Original post by Nuffles)
    Chicane is a legend. Trance and Euphoria are some of the best genres of music IMO in terms of bringing out emotions. There's nothing more enjoyable to me than driving tight country roads at night with some Trance cranked up and powerful lights cutting through the darkness. If you're going to make a video about 90's rallying then Trance is what you use for the sound track. That Supermode song reminds me of **** Van Dyke's 'Castles in the Sky'.
    Can't agree more buddy

ReputationRep:
    Very well said. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Definately.

I prefer the chicane tune to supermode though. Saltwater is one of the greatest tunes ever.

Reccomend more tunes here that I might not have heard (i probably will have though).

ReputationRep:

Edit: i've posted the wrong version without checking :tongue: but still a good tune.

I have a organ/house version of 'a little love, a little life' which is a great tune as well. The version i'm thinking of isn't on youtube though.

(Original post by Johnthebaptist1)
    Brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Offshore is better!

definitely.

I prefer the chicane tune to supermode though. Saltwater is one of the greatest tunes ever.

Reccomend more tunes here that I might not have heard (i probably will have though).
    Yeah i prefer Chicane too, I prefer his older songs tbh like saltwater to his newer stuff. You probs already heard of Robert Miles - Children there are many more from ATB etc but your bound to know them. I do like that higher state of conciousness song by josh wink but i think thats verging on rave/trance...

ReputationRep:
    definitely.

Check out these artists, songs are favourites of mine:
    Darude
    Paul Van Dyke - For an Angel
    **** Van Dyke - Castles in the Sky
    Tiesto - Adagio for Strings :love:
    Paul Oakenfold
    Chicane - Stoned in Love + Poppiholla (although I'm a fan of pretty much all of his stuff)
    Robert Miles - Children [Dream Version]

And no doubt any number that I've missed or forgotten. I don't think there can be any better a feeling than listening to songs like these lying somewhere comfy stoned as a bird in the dark. They take over your whole mind and your consciousness becomes the music and the music becomes your consciousness.

I've never been in a club; modern clubs just don't do it for me. Basically just chavs running around blind drunk looking for a pull. Clubs of the 90's though, I'd have liked those. Pull up Chicane's club remix of Hoppipolla (not the radio edit) and imagine being in a club of people moving as one under the strobes as the intro builds up and then that tune just crashes into you. I wish I could experience that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    Yeah i prefer Chicane too, I prefer his older songs tbh like saltwater to his newer stuff. You probs already heard of Robert Miles - Children there are many more from ATB etc but your bound to know them. I do like that higher state of conciousness song by josh wink but i think thats verging on rave/trance...
    Children is a classic.

But I listen to loads of different genres.

Some liquid DnB, banging tune to drive to:

I don't even know what to class this as, one of my current favs.. forward to about 2:10 and wait for the piano bit - its mental.

ReputationRep:
    Check out these artists, songs are favourites of mine:
    Darude
    Paul Van Dyke - For an Angel
    **** Van Dyke - Castles in the Sky
    Tiesto - Adagio for Strings :love:
    Paul Oakenfold
    Chicane - Stoned in Love + Poppiholla (although I'm a fan of pretty much all of his stuff)
    Robert Miles - Children [Dream Version]

And no doubt any number that I've missed or forgotten. I don't think there can be any better a feeling than listening to songs like these lying somewhere comfy stoned as a bird in the dark. They take over your whole mind and your consciousness becomes the music and the music becomes your consciousness.

I've never been in a club; modern clubs just don't do it for me. Basically just chavs running around blind drunk looking for a pull. Clubs of the 90's though, I'd have liked those. Pull up Chicane's club remix of Hoppipolla (not the radio edit) and imagine being in a club of people moving as one under the strobes as the intro builds up and then that tune just crashes into you. I wish I could experience that.
    Heard em all But feel free to reccomend some more.

Agree with what you're saying about being stoned listenin to this stuff and the stuff about modern clubs. Though I don't really mind, if i'm just chilling and nobody bothers me I couldn't give a ****.

I didn't know there were a lot of people our age who appreciated older dance music. Some of the new stuff is good, but most is utter garbage.

ReputationRep:
    Heard em all But feel free to reccomend some more.

Agree with what you're saying about being stoned listenin to this stuff and the stuff about modern clubs. Though I don't really mind, if i'm just chilling and nobody bothers me I couldn't give a ****.

I didn't know there were a lot of people our age who appreciated older dance music. Some of the new stuff is good, but most is utter garbage.
    Tis why I like to classify the 'good' stuff as Trance/Euphoria rather than Dance. 'Dance' to me just means and overworked bassline by some pillock on the decks butchering a perfectly good song to throw down over the top.

Trance/Euphoria is dance music as it should be. Sculptured by proper musicians rather than someone who likes the obnoxious bass being emitted by the sub in his car. If you pick up a MoS dance mix and scan down the names on the back, just how many of them will be remembered 10 years from now? DJ this and DJ that spewing out vomit that they label as music will be nowhere a decade in the future. The great Trance composers of the 90's are still widely known today (even the most brain-dead of chavs will have recognise Sandstorm if you play it to them) and will never die, at least not in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been in a club; modern clubs just don't do it for me.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Out of the blue - System F
    Cafe del Mar (three n one remix) - Energy 52

Trance very hard to beat!

Best track of the 90s when dance and trance was very much awesome was Born Slippy (nuxx version) by Underworld. It makes me go mad when i hear it, love it so much. Not trance i know but still stirs the same emotions. Actually heard a car with it today in college. I was impressed as you usually hear a load of crap in the cars. Anyway back to trance. Nothing stirs up the same emotions. It's brilliant in those situations as described OP. Just pure magical in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    Saltwater is a great record but is now a bit boring as it has been so overplayed and is on almost every single Trance classics CD.

The hayday of trance in the late 90s was great but there are equally good trance tracks still being made its a just a bit more underground now.

ReputationRep:
    i like the more Ambient Chillout side of it now, trance has well gone more into a underground, still have your mainstream stuff, some how Tiesto gets away with it , saltwater is a tune, over played and all that

ReputationRep:
    Saltwater was one of the first singles I bought, still love it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.