Turn on thread page Beta

"intriguing coincidences between religions and other things - intelligent design? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys just wanted to know your reaction to these interesting coincidences I found between the different religions and "other things"

Judaism = 613 mitzvots is the same numbers in John 3:16 in reverse!!

Quran "mysterious verse" of the Chapter Bee 16:8;
    16:8 And (He has created) horses, mules, and donkeys, for you to ride and use for show; and He has created (other) things of which ye have no knowledge.

The above is interpreted to mean that God has created other beings, but maybe interpreted to mean that God has literally "designed" all of creation

New Testament +

http://www.trosch.org/the/love.html

God is Love mentioned only twice in the whole bible

1 John 4 : 8
    1 John 4 : 16

Jesus numerical value = 888 =

8 + 8 + 8 = 24; 8 + 16 + 24

Speaking of Love did you know that Aprhodite - the Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty was born in Cyprus? and Cyprus became an independent nation on August 16 1960 + 8:16 again!!

Intruigingly, the most famous sculpture of all time, Michaelangelo's David (which means BELOVED), was given the go ahead to be created on August 16!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_(Michelangelo)

Intruigingly on August 16 there are 137 days left in the year which is interesting because

c. 1037 David's birthdate (one interpretation)

http://monarchs.suite101.com/article...avid_of_israel

Also, Michaelangelos David measures 5.17 meters which is intriguing because

May 17 + 137th day of the year!! 5th month 17th day (check out the above)

Interestingly, Kalki the final Hindu avatar of Vishnu (the messiah of the hindus) is symbolized by the horse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar#Avatars_of_Vishnu

A white horse is mentioned in Revelations

You know how Jesus calls himself the first and the last? Well check this out...

Vishnu avatars - Fish and Horse

1st Avatar - Matsya, the fish-avatar who saved Manu - the progeniter of mankind from the great deluge and rescued the Vedic scriptures by killing a demon
    10. Kalki ("Eternity", or "time", or "The Destroyer of foulness"), who is expected to appear at the end of Kali Yuga.

Which is intriguing because in Judaism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nun_(Bible)

Thus the Midrash tells: "[T]he son of him whose name was as the name of a fish would lead them [the Israelites] into the land." (Genesis Rabba 97:3.)

Also, check this out. Rabbi says Jesus is the Messiah
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yitzchak_Kaduri

Rabbi Kaduri met the Messiah on 4th November

Interestingly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_4

Bahá'í Faith – Feast of Qudrat (Power), first day of the 13th month of the Bahá'í calendar
    Egypt- Day of Love
    Italy – Victory Day, National Unity Day
    Russia – Day of People's Unity (or National Unity Day)

Power + Love + Victory + Unity

Amor Vincit Omnia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amor_Vi...ia_(Caravaggio)

Also, the Rabbi mentions "signs of the angel" in his discussions with his family

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default...=item&idx=1347

Are these just coincidences or is it possible that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQy4A...om=PL&index=34

I have around 3 dozen other coincidences by the way which are ALL connected to one another. If you have around 40 coincidences all coinciding with one another, is it still coincidence?

Einstein: coincidences are God's way of remainig anonymous. Said by the genius himself not me....

Peace and Love :-)

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing intelligent about religion :ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    There is nothing intelligent about religion :ninja2:
    Maybe science then if thats not enough?

Partial eclipse August 16 2008 = see above :-)

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2008.html

ReputationRep:
    S'all a crock of *****. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Haha You atheists are so funny (i mean that in a good natured way)

Listen GOD IS NOT GOING TO APPEAR IN ALL HIS GLORY IN THE SKY!! That will happen later after you actually die... While where here we have to think about the evidence we are faced with the coincidences we see (which are very strange) and think to ourselves - is this really ALL possible without some form of divine intervention? Then we say, actually it is quite strange that....HMMMM

Anyway PEACE AND LOVE TO YOU ALL YOU ATHEISTS FUNDAMENTALISTS :-)

ReputationRep:
    It's human nature that when you look hard enough for a pattern, you'll find one. You may think that these contrived links have some divine properties, but the rest of us with rationality and common sense see it for the ******** it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justice (OCD85))

Listen GOD IS NOT GOING TO APPEAR IN ALL HIS GLORY IN THE SKY!! That will happen later after you actually die... While where here we have to think about the evidence we are faced with the coincidences we see (which are very strange) and think to ourselves - is this really ALL possible without some form of divine intervention? Then we say, actually it is quite strange that....HMMMM

If God exists, he certainly hasn't interacted with our universe since within 1 second of the Big Bang. Anything that between the moment and 1 second in is unlikely to need much of a helping hand. Anything that happened before that moment is somewhat irrelevant, as it has made no difference to our universe.

Yes, perhaps a God created the universe in that instance, but that's it. That to me, seems like someone doing it "for the lulz". Yeah, that's my opinion, but I just can't see why something so powerful would make a play thing.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of that is like saying:

Today's date is 11/02/2009. Add all those numbers up and you get 24. Flip the digits round and you get 42.

Numerical value of Jesus = 888.
    8 + 8 + 8 = 24

Answer to life, the universe and everything = 42

That means Jesus is coming today to provide the answers to life, the universe and everything!

And I made that up just now. Of course, it is complete rubbish, I could probably do that with anything

ReputationRep:
    Just think of the infinite amount of non-coincidences that happen :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

lol dude I said the same thing, they shouldn't be looking for evidence they just need to keep the faith.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Judaism = 613 mitzvots is the same numbers in John 3:16 in reverse!!
    Thats a coincidence why?

The next few paragraphs you wrote are really just a desperate splattering of meaningless links that we would have expected anyway.

Jesus numerical value = 888 =

8 + 8 + 8 = 24; 8 + 16 + 24

Speaking of Love did you know that Aprhodite - the Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty was born in Cyprus? and Cyprus became an independent nation on August 16 1960 + 8:16 again!!
    Lots of things can be related to 8 and 16. And lots of things have happened on August 16th. :yep:

Einstein: coincidences are God's way of remainig anonymous. Said by the genius himself not me....
    Einstein was a pantheist, who basically used 'God' as a poetic metaphor for the sum of natural laws. He rejected outright the idea of a personal God.

I know its just SO OBVIOUS isn't it! They're all so silly for not believing in God with all that incredible evidence you've just given! It all fits!! (this is all scathingly sarcastic).

Look, I know I have reacted strongly against you and I'm sorry for the petty sarcasm, but you really need to wake up.

The point is, why would God reveal himself (according to you), through petty and hardly-worth-pointing-out connections in dates of similarly themed sculptures birthdays?

This site is the first one that came up on google when I typed 'coincidences'. http://www.2spare.com/item_51964.aspx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    A lot of that is like saying:

And I made that up just now. Of course, it is complete rubbish, I could probably do that with anything
    Exactly - its just Bs.

And the sad thing is, most of the example he gives aren't actually 'coincidences', they are just connections. An example of a coincidence would be:

A man took a cruise, became seasick and lost his false teeth overboard. Later a fisherman caught a cod which had swallowed some false teeth. Upon hearing about it on the radio by chance, Mr. Stoop contacted the fisherman and was reunited with his missing teeth.

The events that are aligned together have to be meaningful - a kind of narrative - rather than arbitrary to be a coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    Someone must have actually thought that all up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spex)
    It's human nature that when you look hard enough for a pattern, you'll find one. You may think that these contrived links have some divine properties, but the rest of us with rationality and common sense see it for the ******** it is.

Haha. Fine mate. Think what you want to think and say what you want to think. Atheists are never going to be convinced about intelligent design, and for some incredibly reason are more ready to believe that all human beings - including incredibly beautiful women like kelly brook - are descended from monkeys!! Wow amazing. Such a woman of complex and incredible beauty descended from something very unattractive. Even I concede that evolution may have happened you still have to answer the question - who did the monkeys descend from, and why if we are descended from them, are they still here??? Bacteria maybe, then once again you are making the incredible suggestion that something as complex as human beings and even monkeys can be descended from such basic organisms. and you can go on and on.

anyway, I am not bothered at all about what you say, because i havent really revealed all I know to you. and even if I did, you most probably would still turn a blind eye to the magnifence of God's creation. I dont even have to turn your attention to these "coincidences" or links as you call them, you just have to look at animals, the sun, the stars, the ocean, or maybe closer to home, since most people dont appreciate these things, the incredible beauty of your girlfriend or a woman you admire. You think that is all due to chance?

You see I would understand if you say Link 1 and 2 are just coincidences, and so are link 1 2 and 3, but to say link 1 2 3 and 4 are simply natural coincidences is pushing it

What you are doing, in my opinion, is seeing the beautiful poetry in the world and denying that nobody ever wrote the poem. It came out naturally!! Out of chance!! Anway I know what I believe.

Peace and Love

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend who derived all the fundamental constants from the dimensions of a bottle of listermint. Does this mean that the makers of the listermint bottle have embued its design with secrets of the universe?

Btw the first paragraph of that last post just tells me you need to actually find out about the theory of evolution before offering a critique of it.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Some really obscure coincidences, all added up, does not a good conspiracy make...

ReputationRep:
    anyway, I am not bothered at all about what you say, because i havent really revealed all I know to you. and even if I did, you most probably would still turn a blind eye to the magnifence of God's creation.
    As we can all tell you about this little thing called scientific fact, and you'd still turn a blind eye to that, for it does not fit in with your ideals.

ReputationRep:
    The way to think about this whole thing is a puzzle, created and designed by God, to prove his existence without actually appearing from the sky somewhere and saying "I EXIST"!!

The thing is I understand where the atheists are coming from, and have accepted that even their (dis) belief is part of the divine plan.
    What a dull world it would have been if we all believed in God, and were forever free from Richard Dawkins magnificent anti-religion rhetoric. Imagine reading one book all of our lives, or having a world full of people looking like Brad Pritt or Angelina Jolie. Though these two celebrities are as beautiful as they get, if everybody looked the same way as they do, we wont really appreciate their incredible beauty, they would just be average in our eyes.

Similar reason to why we have belief and disbelief, it makes like so much interesting to have debate and disagreement between atheists and believers. It makes life colourful, interesting and worth living. But I have to say that, after a few years of observing and studying the world, (after being agnostic) GOD DOES EXIST. And once you realize HE does, just imagine how can an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient being could possibly exist, you will be incredibly amazed (as I have).

ReputationRep:
    What you seem to be talking about isn't necessarily anything to do with a higher power, it's just basic numerology. People have always tried to form connections through numbers, to create some sort of meaning.

And ok, great, so there was one verse that mentioned something about something else. But there are 7959 verses in the bible; I'm fairly sure that if you scoured through them looking for any one thing, you'd find it - it's not magic, it's coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    Cast your net far enough and you will find coincidence everywhere. You are blinding yourself to randomness.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.