Turn on thread page Beta

Shopping- is that what they call a hobby these days? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    you're talking about buying clothes, not shopping.
    buying books to read is the same as buying clothes after shopping. The purchasing isn't the main part. In fact, a lot of girls will happily go shopping and not buy anything, just like a lot of people will read a book from the library and not have to own it.
    No no no -- I probably gave a bad example. I'm talking about hobbies. Say, my hobby is, fashion, right? I'll go clothes,accessories,shoes,whatev er-shopping. I don't need to actually purchase anything that very moment. I'll probably purchase something in the future -- it doesn't matter. But the fact is that fashion is my hobby not shopping. Otherwise I would also enjoy shopping for hardware and tools. But it's of no interest to me because hardware and tools are of no interest to me.

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to comment to say some people are really shallow. If you cba to be someone's friend or are turned off by them just for their hobby, you aren't taking into account other things such as their personality or ambitions etc. I may not think things like stamp collecting or fishing are fun, but who am I to judge what they enjoy?

ReputationRep:
    Okay OP what would you think of a girl whose top three hobbies in no particular order were skiing, oil painting and shopping?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's been on dating sites like www.plentyoffish.com you will see that about 90% of women there have hobbies like:

> Shopping
    > Laughing
    > Having fun
    > Going out
    > Staying in

and for the really advnturous ones, they'll put

> Trying new things
    > Travelling

Where the latter normally turns out to refer to a 2006 holiday to eyebeefa

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is, what were you hoping for? "Giving blowjobs and doing dishes"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by disdisdat)
    Okay OP what would you think of a girl whose top three hobbies in no particular order were skiing, oil painting and shopping?
    it sounds interesting- maybe it's just me and my high standards. I have nothing wrong with people who like shopping or would I have any problems dating someone who likes shopping, but if I asked for their hobbies and one of the first things that comes to their head is shopping, it seems that said person would have very few hobbies typically.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose watching the football is mens equivalent to shopping in that it doesn't require skill but it's fun for most of them.
    Watching the football is a hobby, as is shopping. All hobbies don't have to be intellectual, just fun,

ReputationRep:
    Shopping? A hobby? lol, that's grand.

-Omoi

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.