Turn on thread page Beta

Anti-feminism and sexism! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinrage)
    Your father is quite clearly a rapist.
    of course he is. what a stupid thing to say. get out of here if you can't contribute to the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    OH NOES SEXISM EXISTS!!!!1111111111111111

WTF DO WE DO?

Once you all stop being pussies and realise the answer lies with the O RLY owl, you'll stop posting this utter nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    I feel predjuciced against quite often, when at work I hear a lot of jokes from my female colleagues about all the things men apparently can't do (multitask, pay attention, remember important information, communicate etc etc etc). It's not right. I don't talk about women with my friends that way and I would be punished if I did.
    A lot of adverts revolve around men not being able to perform certain tasks, and also violence against men in the home is televised in a way that is supposed to be funny. They wouldn't notice this cus they're blinkered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciawhobat)
    So - one more chance to clarify, ahah - you would have it that men treat women in the same way that men treat men, and that men treat each other in the same way they treat women? That women treat women just as they treat men, and that they treat men as they treat women?

Is that essentially how things should be, do you feel?
    Stop dicking about and make your point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinrage)
    OH NOES SEXISM EXISTS!!!!1111111111111111

WTF DO WE DO?

Once you all stop being pussies and realise the answer lies with the O RLY owl, you'll stop posting this utter nonsense.

Go back to your cave, stupid person.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosamund123)
    it's an independent statutory body...
    Easily debateble. And they are underspressure to justify their own exsistence.

ReputationRep:
    i don't really care if some one wants equality have i belive we all should, but i've been told i'm "the **** on my shoe" by certain people, when did feminism move from equality to superiority

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    That's two women though, and if you feel its not right, why don't you do something about it. Its not just women's rights I worry about, its everyone's. But if they are joking between them they may not mean any harm. I don't mind sexist joke if they're appropriate. If you feel its affecting you, you should let them know. But like I said earlier, thats just two women.
    It's happened in three of the five places I've worked, but what could I do? In the case I was thinking of, I couldn't report it to my boss, one of the perpetrators WAS my boss.

I don't hold it against women in general though, I'm just saying it happens both ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    You can insult me, but don't you DARE insult my father. Plenty of people didn't study Art subjects at university because they were considered to be "weak", even if they really wanted to.

Women often feel obliged to have children while they're working and are forced to abandon their careers to take care of their children.

I'm a man, surprising, isn't it? :eek:
    Not that surprising since you're called MRhappyj.

They don't have to abandon their jobs, my mum didn't she took off 4 weeks maturnatiy leave. And funnily enough unless they plan on retiring at 30 or they have children before they startb work when do you think they are going to have children. If they left it too long they would go through the change and lose thier chance and funnily enough it's usually the women who want children, i know my aunty(police offcier) had to beg my uncle to try for children because he didn't want one but she was 35 and really wanted a child. she didn't abandon her career and she didn't feel obliged she wanted to have a child.

I don't think anyone feels obliged to have children, especially as im my experience its the women who want the children where as the men would rather get a puppy because it's less hassle.

Art subjects are considered weaker but if you really want to do the subject you will still do it and i will insult whoever i ******* want because at the moment i'm a prud keyboard warrior invulnerable behind the screen muahaha. Whatcha gonna do.

ReputationRep:
    i just looked somthing up men can be done for sexual harrassment by staring.......staring really what if he wanted to ask the girl out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    Stop dicking about and make your point
    I'm not making a point just here, I was trying to clarify yours

It's certainly a most curious view that you hold. What a miserable world it would be.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    There is no such thing as "compensatory discrimination". What most men see as "compensatory discrimination" is actually giving women the opportunities to be just as effective and hard-working as men.
    Women are already capable of being just as effective and hard-working as men. By "compensatory discrimination" I mean things like government departments having targets on how many men/women/black/white people they should hire. It often results in discrimination against the better candidate because a quota is not being met.

The best jobs should go to whoever does them best. Realistically, we all have the same opportunities these days, it's all about how you apply yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    A lot of adverts revolve around men not being able to perform certain tasks, and also violence against men in the home is televised in a way that is supposed to be funny. They wouldn't notice this cus they're blinkered.
    I've seen far more picture-and-caption 'jokes' on TSR which are sexist towards women than there are against men - in fact I don't think I've seen any that are sexist towards men. A lot of people here seem to treat sexism against women as one big joke - and I think this is becoming increasingly popular in general society as well.

EDIT: Picture-captions like the one posted above! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    Easily debateble. And they are underspressure to justify their own exsistence.
    what was I thinking? showing you research commissioned by an independent body, I should've just found some random site on the internet - that would've pleased you more!

seriously - I can't win! why will you not accept the credibility of the research carried out, even if you don't like this [independent] body?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's happened in three of the five places I've worked, but what could I do? In the case I was thinking of, I couldn't report it to my boss, one of the perpetrators WAS my boss.

I don't hold it against women in general though, I'm just saying it happens both ways.
    Sorry if you interpreted any of my posts and thought that I said it was a one way system. That wasn't my intention, I just believe some aspects of feminism are self-respect. I believe in equality for men and women.

ReputationRep:

Yea it's true - female bosses and colleagues of mine have all lolzed about how **** men are at things. I don't mind, though it's a bit tragic for them that it's all nonsense haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosamund123)
    what was I thinking? showing you research commissioned by an independent body, I should've just found some random site on the internet - that would've pleased you more!

seriously - I can't win! why will you not accept the credibility of the research carried out, even if you don't like this [independent] body?! :confused:
    You didn't show me any research. The source of the claim the woman made is questionable to say the least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    I've seen far more picture-and-caption 'jokes' on TSR which are sexist towards women than there are against men - in fact I don't think I've seen any that are sexist towards men. A lot of people here seem to treat sexism against women as one big joke - and I think this is becoming increasingly popular in general society as well.

EDIT: Picture-captions like the one posted above!
    It's funny cus some people find it offensive. Jokes about men don't work cus we don't care.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.