Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anti-feminism and sexism! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    Not anymore.

Society is pretty equal at the moment, feminists nowadays seem to want female superiority rather than equality of the sexes.

Or take up stupid crusades like the one trying to ban lads mags at lse, do they having nothing important to campaign about.
    If they're not for equality, then they're using the term 'feminist' incorrectly. Feminism is about the equality between men and women, any man or woman who thinks men should be above women, or women should be above men, are not feminists, they are sexists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicealice)
    yay - someone who understands and can put it in better words than I can!

and I love your picture :p:
    lol, don't worry, I'm the same as well

hows this...

Why did God make woman last?
    He didn't want someone telling him what to do.

Why do women get married in white?
    So they match the kitchen appliances!

Why did the woman cross the road?
    Wait, better question, why is she out of the kitchen!?

Why is the space between a woman's breasts and her hips called a waist?
    Because you could easily fit another pair of tits in there.

got these off my friends...they love these jokes...

ReputationRep:
    apparently its very popular to be sexist.

at the football tonight when the player called "michelle" came onto the pitch the entire stadium was yowling and wolf whistling and what not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Aww at your attempt to make men swoon over you. Nobody gives a ***** that you like sexist jokes, what do you want us to say? How very ******* unique of you here is a medal.. keep on moving sweets.
    Wow... erm, sorry? You sound like quite an angry person, although I'm not quite sure about what you're angry at... But I think you might have got the wrong idea about this thread, or me, or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    lol, don't worry, I'm the same as well

hows this...

Why did God make woman last?
    He didn't want someone telling him what to do.

Why do women get married in white?
    So they match the kitchen appliances!

Why did the woman cross the road?
    Wait, better question, why is she out of the kitchen!?

Why is the space between a woman's breasts and her hips called a waist?
    Because you could easily fit another pair of tits in there.

got these off my friends...they love these jokes...
    Haha now that's the kind of response that I was hoping for! :p: Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This thread just highlights how badly feminism is understood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    This thread just highlights how badly feminism is understood.
    this exactly. people don't understand what it means at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    this exactly. people don't understand what it means at all!
    Because peole don't want to be told not to do ****.

Feminists like other protest groups piss everyone the **** off.

Back when that women threw herself under a horse for the vote, that is a worthy cause to champion. Campaigning for a ban on lads mags at Lse isn't a worthy cause in most peoples eyes and in short nowadays their incessant moaning just pisses people off and even alienates a lot of women who are technically the people feminists are supposed to be representing.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand the way that misogyny is seen as so cool and fashionable nowadays. It makes me despair for the general population really. I didn't realise that so many women were also jumping on the bandwagon before now though... I haven't found any of the jokes posted in this thread very funny. And before anyone says, I have a very good sense of humour, I can and do laugh at a lot of things, but sexism just isn't one of them. (Actually I did laugh at the 'humerus' picture someone posted, so it isn't quite true that I haven't found anything in this thread funny...)

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be one of the few girls that loves both of these things...

I just see feminists as a crazy bunch of ugly women who like to moan (I know that I'm being really stereotypical but I don't care :rolleyes:)

And I looooooooove jokes that are sexist towards women, eg. A man ran over a woman. Whose fault was it? The man's: he shouldn't have been driving in the kitchen :love:

They're just genius :p:

Does anyone else feel this way? And anyone care to share any jokes?

Do you vote? Are you on the pill? Would you ever even consider having an abortion? Do you want control of your body, your marriage and your job? No? Okay. Then go ahead and carry on hating feminism, and us crazy, ugly, moaning women will enjoy the rights other, better women have died to protect. (These are women you are calling 'a crazy bunch of ugly women who love to moan'). When you're willing to go under a horse for someone else's rights, I'll give your anti-feminism argument some serious consideration. Til then, nah.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a femenist and I'm male... Although I do appreciate a sexist joke. You can't make a decent joke without insulting somebody. Just because it's wrong, doesn't mean it isn't hilarious.

Wait, what?

ReputationRep:
    The "kitchen" thing is so overused, at least try to be original. At the very least you can think of another stereotype, there are loads.

Also, lol @ female misogynists. Yeah you are so unique and special, no one's ever thought of that before. Maybe if you declare it enough the misogynist men will let you be an honorary man, I mean you're not like the other girls 'cause you ~prefer the company of men~ and think ~most women are *****es~. We are in awe of you, truly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoreleiLee)
    Do you vote? Are you on the pill? Would you ever even consider having an abortion? Do you want control of your body, your marriage and your job? No? Okay. Then go ahead and carry on hating feminism, and us crazy, ugly, moaning women will enjoy the rights other, better women have died to protect. (These are women you are calling 'a crazy bunch of ugly women who love to moan'). When you're willing to go under a horse for someone else's rights, I'll give your anti-feminism argument some serious consideration. Til then, nah.
    Feminism isn't the problem, feminists are.

You have all of what you have mentioned because of feminists of the past but what are you trying to get now?

Feminism isn't needed in todays society i see very little if any difference between the sexes so why is feminism still around?

And i don't know about the ugly part but feminists do like to moan and the girl who threw herself under a horse,although a potent statement, was ******* crazy there are better ways to do things but sacrificing yourself seems to be the easiest and craziest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoreleiLee)
    How retarded. You can hate something existing that no longer needs to exist, and you can respect that it needed to exist at one point, the two do not conflict. Feminism promotes the victim status of women, indeed, when scientists examined Canadian newspapers they found women were referenced as victims of crime 35:1, when men are 3x more likely to be victims of murder. The fact of the matter is feminism no longer needs to exist, the media blackout they have imposed on anything that contradicts their narrow world view by working to the top of every organisation makes you think they are still needed. The truth is women are rather priviledged in this society, indeed when you compare the happiness levels of men and women at all ages women always come out on top - can't be that hard can it:rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks

and yay! Someone else who doesn't think that I'm insane or a retard! :cool:
    OP, you have another fan here :yep: . It's refreshing to hear of a female such as yourself who can appreciate light-hearted jokes and not take it as badly as opposed to most females

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloedabell)
    No. I obviously think a little feminism is good. I think men and women should be equal but I disagree with radical feminism. There is always going to be a slight difference between the genders and obviously sexism is wrong. I just think there is no need to be a RADICAL feminist.
    Define a radical feminist.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be one of the few girls that loves both of these things...

I just see feminists as a crazy bunch of ugly women who like to moan (I know that I'm being really stereotypical but I don't care :rolleyes:)

And I looooooooove jokes that are sexist towards women, eg. A man ran over a woman. Whose fault was it? The man's: he shouldn't have been driving in the kitchen :love:

They're just genius :p:

Does anyone else feel this way? And anyone care to share any jokes?
    But you should.

Your ignorance and idiocy are overwhelming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    What's the difference between a battery and a woman?

A battery has a positive side :awesome:
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    "Anti-feminism" is using modern terminology to describe quite old views.

You can just call it misogyny, surely?
    Yes, but as 'Anti-feminism' is what the OP called it, that's the word I used

(Original post by MrHappy_J)
    I still don't understand. Anti-feminism can't have existed before feminism did. You can't create an anti- something if the thing you're against does not exist.
    Firstly, I said myself 'Maybe it didn't have a name, but it existed.' I know anti feminism in the literal sense didn't exist. But the concept did. Do you think that just because something doesn't have a name it isn't real? Before Marx/Lenin, the idea/thought of communism will very probably have existed in some form, but it won't have been known by that term.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the attitudes in people's minds towards both the genders are equal, even if there are statistics to suggest that there is equality.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.