Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, just wondering if my textbook for core AS maths 1 (heinemann adavancing maths for aqa) has a mistake in the answer section...Core 1, section 1B, question 10, I keep getting for my answers x= 2 and y= -2, but my book says it is x=2.5 and y= -1.75 , but my friends in my class who have the same book say their editions says the answers i got, also my sister's same book says the same that my book says, who is right and what should i do to get a correct book? also if they made an error once, can't they make errors throughout the book and make me panic?

Hi Bluebell2525,

I your could, you could go ahead an post the question ... in question (I know a cheap laugh ), and we could have a look for you and determine what the answer is also. Most likly you have an olded edition of the book, as will your sister, with errors, and your friends have new editions. Its nothing to be worried about, every since textbook in the world with have errors it it, its unaviodable, but they do go through processes, especialy because this seems to be an exam board endorsed text book. You just have to accept that 'rarely' they do infact make errors, just as you and I do, but 99.9% of the answer written will be correct.

Like I said if you would like to post the question we could check it for you, hope that helps Blue

Thanks, I've sorted it out with my teacher now, I'll be getting a new edition, thanks all the same though!
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.