The Student Room Group
Reply 1
bio 7
history 8
r.e 4
psych 2
Reply 2
I only do biology of those subjects and i'll give it a 7.5
Asking strangers to rate them is just silly; if you're ***** at them, or don't enjoy them, then what does it matter if I give it 10/10?
Reply 4
In terms of what? Difficulty? Ease? Academic respect?
Reply 5
Using the Trinity College's guide to suitable A-levels: your former two choices are very respectable, the latter is good if the course you choose to pursue is in the same field.

However, in my humble opinion, R.E. does not provide the necessary preparation, nor does it help you ascertain the skills required for higher education.

This link will explain it more coherently.
History is ten. TEN TEN TEN!
Well I do Psychology, RS(Phil & Ethics) and Biology. I think theyre a good combo..so 10!!
Reply 8
thought this was an 'am i ugly?' thread lololololololol
Reply 9
dichr0ic
thought this was an 'am i ugly?' thread lololololololol

:p:
Reply 10
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I meant the subjects as A WHOLE as opposed to the subjects each.
In their compatibiility, respect by good uni's to go into the careers mentioned. thanks
Reply 11
Revolution is my Name
Asking strangers to rate them is just silly; if you're ***** at them, or don't enjoy them, then what does it matter if I give it 10/10?

I wanted to hear other people's opinions on how they are finding the subjects at A Level. I don't do the subjects at A Level, so how am I supposed to know whether or not I will be good at it? :rolleyes:
Reply 12
D0LLxo
for the subjects I have picked for A Levels next year.

1. Biology
2. History
3. R.E
4. Psychology

I don't really know what to do for a career, perhaps go into Psychology or politics/law/journalism. I just want to keep my options wide.

1. 7 (not as strong a Science as everybody seems to think....universities see it as the weaker of the four..)
2. 10 (excellent for your career choices :smile: )
3. 8 (a good, impressive subject if used right)
4. 6 (if you're going into psychology-related areas then obviously it's a good choice but otheriwse it can be a tad frownded upon as "soft"..but by no means easy!!)

But generally a good combination of subjects, you have a Science (Bio), an essay-based (History), two analytical subjects (History and RS) and something you enjoy (pyschology I guess?) to balance it all out.

Good luck! :o:
Reply 13
If you want to go into politics/law/journalism, then I'd really look at English over RE or one of Biology/Psychology.
Reply 14
1. Biology - 8
2. History - 8
3. R.E - 6 (if you are studying the philosophy and ethics section, if not then 4)
4. Psychology - 4

I'm taking the same options as you next year except mathematics instead of history.
D0LLxo

I don't really know what to do for a career, perhaps go into Psychology or politics/law/journalism. I just want to keep my options wide.

1. Biology 1
2. History 2
3. R.E 3
4. Psychology 4
Reply 16
Biology - 7
History - 9
R.E - 6
Psychology - 6

You need maths for a 10. :p:

Latest