The Student Room Group

In what % bracket of the UK Population, would you deem your intelligence to be in?

Poll

What percentage bracket do you fall in, in your opinion?

E.g. top 20%, bottom 5% etc etc

Whether you are comparing to those of your age, or the entire population

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
top 1%. I'm sure some people will say this is arrogant but oh well. Its what I deem to be the case.
top 10%
Reply 3
60 to 70% maybe. But it depends on how you define intelligence. I've done internet IQ tests (I know they're not accurate) which usually score me at about 110, which is just above average. But I'm not a particularly logical person, I'm far better at things like drawing, writing, learning languages, etc.

Also, I used to be far more intelligent (compared to other my age) at primary school. I taught myself to read before I started school and I was always incredibly bored because I found it easy. But now I'm about average in my year, so I guess I just developed a bit earlier and everyone else caught up.
Rubgish
top 1%. I'm sure some people will say this is arrogant but oh well. Its what I deem to be the case.

This thread will probably get a few of these replies, but do you GENUINELY think you are in the top 1% of the population?
Over 9000% ( Yeh I went there :cool:)
Reply 6
Rubgish

*It's. Mr Genius.
It's not really a question of 'deeming'. Surely everyone will know this from various tests (sidestepping the whole you-can't-measure-intelligence-by-stupid-tests debate for now)?
Probably around top 5%-10% - who knows :dontknow:
Reply 9
Top 1% too I'm thinking. There are a lot of idiots about. (I love the spread of results on the poll)
I automatically consider anyone who claims to be in the smartest 1% of the population to also be in the nobbishest 1%.
Reply 11
I would also say I'm in the nobbiest top 1% of the population. However I'm standing by the intelligence thing.
Well the UK Population was 61.4 Million mid-2008, 1% of this 614000 so when you put it like that it doesn't seem that much of big claim to me. If however you were to say 0.01% or 0.001% then it's a different thing...
Reply 13
Top 1%? That's one in a hundred people is cleverer than you. It's actually not that remarkable given the size of the population.
top 99% easy.
Reply 15
I wouldn't have a clue if I'm being totally honest.
Well, according to some online IQ test thing (which I don't hold in high regard), the top 10%. I'd like to do a real IQ test though. I enjoy them!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at the poll, the threads that pop up in H&R, and the general posts around TSR.
Top few percent. IQ tests say top 0.1% but I honestly don't believe that.
Talveer
People who say they are in the top 1% are lying.

Only the extremely gifted(I.E those genius kids who take degrees at age of 12) are in the top 1%

:rofl:

You're quite obviously not in the top 1%.

There are around 620,000 people in the UK in the top 1%. There are only a handful of people who go to university before the age of 16, certainly nowhere near 620,000. There is nothing particularly exceptional about being in the top 1% and I have no doubt that many members of TSR are.

Latest

Trending

Trending