Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

In what % bracket of the UK Population, would you deem your intelligence to be in? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What percentage bracket do you fall in, in your opinion?
    90%-100% (Top 10%)
    51.75%
    80%-90%
    15.09%
    70%-80%
    14.29%
    60%-70%
    9.30%
    60%-50%
    2.43%
    50%-40%
    1.21%
    40%-30%
    0.40%
    30%-20%
    1.21%
    20%-10%
    1.62%
    10-0 (Bottom 10%
    2.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrkn)
    *It's. Mr Genius.
    Boo-ya!

:five:

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely say that I am in the top 1%.
    This is not bragging at all, but thinking about my school year from year 11, which had about 300 pupils, I am pretty sure that I was one of the 3 best pupils. This was a better than average state school.

(Original post by BrightGirl)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at the poll, the threads that pop up in H&R, and the general posts around TSR.
    :lol: good point :P

ReputationRep:
    Top 30 - 20% maybe?
    Could be 30 - 40%
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Top 10%. I think I was certified to be in the top 5% a few years ago and "they" made me join NAGTY, you had to be in the top 5% to join when I did, they've since lowered the bar of being "gifted and talented" to 10% in order to fulfill the government's demands to have more gifted and talented children.

ReputationRep:
    How many people do you think there are that are in the top few % but squander it and waste it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Top 10%. I think I was certified to be in the top 5% a few years ago and "they" made me join NAGTY, you had to be in the top 5% to join when I did, they've since lowered the bar of being "gifted and talented" to 10% in order to fulfill the government's demands to have more gifted and talented children.
    HAHAHA this is sooo true!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmt)
    How many people do you think there are that are in the top few % but squander it and waste it?
    80% or more, easily.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I'd say top 10% for me butt if you think about it, being in the top 1% isn't thatt big of a deal (not Einstein like).
    If you have a year of 300 people and you're in the top 3, that's top 1%. Which is actually me at my school...but I know it's not necessarily the same amongst the general population.

ReputationRep:
    Well my Mensa certificate says in the top 1% so who am I to argue?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    60 to 70% maybe. But it depends on how you define intelligence. I've done internet IQ tests (I know they're not accurate) which usually score me at about 110, which is just above average. But I'm not a particularly logical person, I'm far better at things like drawing, writing, learning languages, etc.

Also, I used to be far more intelligent (compared to other my age) at primary school. I taught myself to read before I started school and I was always incredibly bored because I found it easy. But now I'm about average in my year, so I guess I just developed a bit earlier and everyone else caught up.
    Me?!?!?!?!?!?!? :p:
    Apart from the drawing part lol. And I'm usually 125ish lol I don't think half of them mean anything anyway tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    Alot of modesty here. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Top 10% - I'd be amazed if 6'139'912 people were clever than me in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talveer)
    People who say they are in the top 1% are lying.

Only the extremely gifted(I.E those genius kids who take degrees at age of 12) are in the top 1%
    For this to be true, one out of every hundred kids would be doing a degree at the age of 12. The percentage of kids who do that is much smaller than that.

ReputationRep:
    bottom 10%!

Top 20-15% I'd guess. Maybe even Top 10% if I was having a good day.

ReputationRep:
    Almost all of TSR will be top 10%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    I automatically consider anyone who claims to be in the smartest 1% of the population to also be in the nobbishest 1%.
    Your sig just generally confuses me

And the half naked guy wielding a sword looks like someone from my school... Just thought I'd clutter up your time...

EDIT: OP, I deem myself bottom 10% because acting dumb when one is not surely is much more fun and interesting then acting smart?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    Me?!?!?!?!?!?!? :p:
    Apart from the drawing part lol. And I'm usually 125ish lol I don't think half of them mean anything anyway tbh :p:
    125 puts you in around the top 5% according to Google :yep:

ReputationRep:

source: my brain (top 0.085% I'll have you know)

(Original post by spacepirate-James)
    And the half naked guy wielding a sword looks like someone from my school... Just thought I'd clutter up your time...
    Oh yeah, that's him.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.