The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Talveer
People who say they are in the top 1% are lying.

Only the extremely gifted(I.E those genius kids who take degrees at age of 12) are in the top 1%

umm....no.

The top 1% is one person in every hundred. Statistically, if there are 100 people in every school year, the cleverest is in the top 1%

More in grammars, less in comps next to grammars.
Reply 41
lrkn
*It's. Mr Genius.

:yep: :biggrin:

I love it when people do that! LOL
Well, I was just outside the top 2% in terms of IQ when I did a Mensa test. Of course, intelligence is such a subjective concept that it can never be accurately quantified, however. Indeed, the poll, due to inherent egotism (more than TSR's intellligence), is bound to be skewed towards the upper echelons anyway.
70% probs, I'm not extremely smart or gifted but just lazy, if I ever get myself onto something there is nothing to stop me getting it. :smile:
Reply 44
Lol good ol' NAGTY. My IQ test/education says I'm in the top 5%, but I ****** up my education and will now be seen around the top 50% by employers/universities.

IQ = 145, which, according to http://wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQWhatScoresMean.html, puts me in the top 0.25%. Lol'd.
Manitude
Top 10%. I think I was certified to be in the top 5% a few years ago and "they" made me join NAGTY, you had to be in the top 5% to join when I did, they've since lowered the bar of being "gifted and talented" to 10% in order to fulfill the government's demands to have more gifted and talented children.

Me too. What was with those silly 'Gifted and talented' things. I remember my parents having to fill out some forms but never actually got involved with anything they may have been doing.

I'd say I was in the top 20% easily. But thinking about how many... idiots there are.. possibly top 10%.

This isn't based on qualifications, as I've only really got my G.C.S.Es ans AS levels to go by, and they truly don't show my true potential as I didn't revise. But then again, that reduces my position of intellegince. It is pretty silly not to revise. :rolleyes:
mikeyd85
Well, according to some online IQ test thing (which I don't hold in high regard), the top 10%. I'd like to do a real IQ test though. I enjoy them!

Me too. I've done so many facebook ones and free online ones. Best result 197, before that it was 154, average is around 125 though

I want to take a mensa one, but I definitely think you can train your brain to be good at them. I just can't be bothered to learn that.

It's quite bad really, I could be alot better at a lot of things, but being amazing at something just doesn't seem worth the effort. I'd rather be above average with minimal effort lol
Reply 47
I said top 10%, though I don't think I'm ridiculously clever. My IQ tests come out at 140-150, and I didn't have to work hard at school. But I was hardly going to take a degree at 12, and there are loads of things I'm not good at, like science.
Reply 48
Talveer
People who say they are in the top 1% are lying.

Only the extremely gifted(I.E those genius kids who take degrees at age of 12) are in the top 1%

I don't need to be a genius to state the obvious, but 1% of the UK population is a lot of people...

Anyway, top 5% I guess.
Reply 49
Definitely top 10% - consider all the children, then all the disabled people etc it will all add up.
Probably top 5%.
I'm probably in the top 20-25% if I'm being completely honest. I'm very good in some areas (I could take most people down at geography related stuff) but others let me down. I've done well in my education, but I've had to work hard for it.

All in all, I couldn't give a damn.
Reply 51
SpamBa
I said top 10%, though I don't think I'm ridiculously clever. My IQ tests come out at 140-150, and I didn't have to work hard at school. But I was hardly going to take a degree at 12, and there are loads of things I'm not good at, like science.

What?
Was that a proper IQ test?
Because 140+ IQ is v.v.good.
Reply 52
lrkn
*It's. Mr Genius.

And good grammar on an internet forum is linked to intelligence how exactly?
Reply 53
Rofl@poll results. :rofl:
Top 0.01 I reckon.

=]
TI-84
Definitely top 10% - consider all the children, then all the disabled people etc it will all add up.
Probably top 5%.
:rofl:
Reply 56
rainbowbex
Me too. I've done so many facebook ones and free online ones. Best result 197, before that it was 154, average is around 125 though

That test cannot have been accurate. A standard IQ test can only measure up to 170, and IQs above that (like Stephen Hawking) can only be estimated.
Reply 57
jismith1989
:rofl:

lol, harsh but it is something to consider? :p:
Reply 58
If by clever, we're talking academic, then if you consider that only 5% of A level candidates get AAA and not everyone even takes A levels, it's not that much of stretch to place yourself in the top 10%.
SpamBa
That test cannot have been accurate. A standard IQ test can only measure up to 170, and IQs above that (like Stephen Hawking) can only be estimated.

I know, I figured the stupidity of the result was implied by the number.

most online tests use the same questions. if you can so one, you ca do them all

Latest

Trending

Trending