Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever wonder about your sanity? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you ever wonder about your sanity?
    Yes I wonder if I'm sane
    32.49%
    Sometimes I feel I'm a little abormal, but sane
    46.19%
    I think I'm completely insane
    15.23%
    I'm sure of my sanity + normality
    6.09%

• PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Johnthebaptist1)
    Someone's being smoking crack.
    actually, I've never taken any illegal drug, or smoked anything..

Not my scene

ReputationRep:
    On the rare occasion.

Mostly because I have a mental illness.

Tbh, OP, you probably aren't as abnormal as you think. You can't see other people's 'inner workings'.

ReputationRep:
    all the bloody time, i have the strangest ever thoughts, it worries me bare lmaoo

ReputationRep:
    Quite often. But then my dad's bipolar and my mum's depressive, so it's hardly surprising.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wonder because I know I am insane.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    You sound just like one of them idiots who thinks they're so "individual" and "free thinking" and ****, when really, you're just another sheep.

A tsr member has a cartoon in their sig which sums it up perfectly. (load of people on a train each thinking how they're the only free thinker when really, they're all thinking exactly the same)
    Thanks, it is unfortunate I sound that way as I'm not. I was just musing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    I'm sure of my sanity

you lot... :creep:
    The fact that you think you're sure of sanity makes me worry about your actual sanity. You may live in an imaginary world where you don't question your sanity because you assume you're sane. That is what the goverment wants you to think. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha yes! But then I realise it and question it....by my logic is that if you realise and question it things can't be too bad, besides, everyones a little bit insane =]

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure if tests were done... I would be in a padded cell

ReputationRep:
    gyuvfkytcjrdesu54suexyjtghcutkdk xty

ReputationRep:
    I am fairly sure of my sanity, in no way am I normal in terms of many of my thoughts, but that does not make me a madman. Falling from the brink of sanity is never far away though, I can consciously realise the abnormality in my thoughts and so act rationally with them in the background, however if something was to break that thought limitation process, you should probably lock me up and throw away the key, because I'd be dangerous.

Most people are sane, we all just have varying perceptions of the world.

ReputationRep:
    The second option sounds just about right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    You sound just like one of them idiots who thinks they're so "individual" and "free thinking" and ****, when really, you're just another sheep.

A tsr member has a cartoon in their sig which sums it up perfectly. (load of people on a train each thinking how they're the only free thinker when really, they're all thinking exactly the same)
    What do you think when you're on a bus? are you on the level where you look at the other passengers and think "wow, they all think they're so free thinking , at least I know that my thoughts aren't that unique"? Because then the other passengers might be thinking that too, and you'd be in pretty much the same situation as the train thing

ReputationRep:
    Generally phychotic people don't consider themselves as crazy. Obviously everyone wants to believe they are unique, and without reading through the supplies I can only guess this has been confirmed multiple times. None of you are differeny/insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schoolstudent)
    What do you think when you're on a bus? are you on the level where you look at the other passengers and think "wow, they all think they're so free thinking , at least I know that my thoughts aren't that unique"? Because then the other passengers might be thinking that too, and you'd be in pretty much the same situation as the train thing
    look at the poll results, most people likes to think they're something special. And tbh when I'm on the bus I think "please smelly bloke don't sit next to me". I rarely compare myself to others in that way because frankly I couldn't give a **** if what I think is the same or different.

ReputationRep:
    What is the criteria for sanity in this thread?

The occasional musings and pondered thoughts or actually being sectioned under the mental health act?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Can't really define it, have a very tangential thinking pattern and make weird leaps of logic other people don't seem to see at all.
    me too!

my sister always says i'm weird, but she just doesn't understand how i think :plz2:

ReputationRep:
    If thinking about eating children makes me insane, then I guess I am!

but seriously none of you are unique

ReputationRep:
    I just look at questioning your own sanity as a sign of..intelligence.

This thread reminded me of this, for those that haven't heard of it -

In this World War II novel, an air force regulation states that a man is to be considered insane if he is willing to continue to fly dangerous missions. To be relieved of such duties all he has to do is ask. But one who makes such a rational request shows that he is, in fact, sane. Here is an extract from the novel.
    Doc Daneeka said, "He (Orr) has to be crazy to keep flying combat missions after all the close calls he's had. Sure I can ground Orr. But first he has to ask me to." "That's all he has to do to be grounded?" "That's all. Let him ask me." "And then you can ground him?" Yossarian asked. "No, then I can't ground him." "You mean there's a catch?" "Sure there is a catch," Doc Daneeka replied. "Catch-22. Anyone who wants to get out of combat duty isn't really crazy."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.