Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever wonder about your sanity? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you ever wonder about your sanity?
    Yes I wonder if I'm sane
    32.49%
    Sometimes I feel I'm a little abormal, but sane
    46.19%
    I think I'm completely insane
    15.23%
    I'm sure of my sanity + normality
    6.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    I mean just the way I think seems so different to other people I wonder sometimes about my sanity?

or at the very least my normality?

I just seem to see things so very differently to everyone else sometimes..

EDIT: sorry about the other thread, couldn't be anon and have a poll and wanted a poll more than I wanted to be anon (so you don't need to bother with the anon fail etc)
    I'm mental!

Sometimes I do question my sanity.

Anon for obvious reasons...

(Had to check if the anon worked and as it's my first time as anon, didn't know you can't edit!)

For example the other day I was on this forum looking at some... gruesome images, such as people being beheaded and bodies being mangled... But it's not like I intentionally looked it up. I was on that forum for something else and happened to see the link. After the first image I saw I really wanted to just close the browser but I was just too..curious to not look at them.

What disturbed me the most was when I saw some guy get head shotted... I actually laughed. Making little remarks about it and the like. The more I saw the more I became desensitised to them and by the end I was making little comical stories about each one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    I'm mental!
    are you drunk doe?

ReputationRep:
    I mean just the way I think seems so different to other people I wonder sometimes about my sanity?

or at the very least my normality?

I just seem to see things so very differently to everyone else sometimes..

EDIT: sorry about the other thread, couldn't be anon and have a poll and wanted a poll more than I wanted to be anon (so you don't need to bother with the anon fail etc)
    Yeah,
    but then i often wonder if my feeling of loosing the plot
    is actually other people bieng slightly retarded ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dichr0ic)
    are you drunk doe?
    Nope... won't be till Saturday

ReputationRep:
    All the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    Nope... won't be till Saturday
    oh. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    basically luv i'm sure you are extremely normal so get drunk like the rest of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth)
    basically luv i'm sure you are extremely normal so get drunk like the rest of us
    what?

ReputationRep:
    There is no two ways about it. I am insane.

ReputationRep:
    I heard that you're sane unless you can't yourself the question "Am I insane?"

ReputationRep:
    I think I need to question my sanity. I can be really crazy sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not completely insane, but then, last night I told my flatmates that when I try to close my door late at night (quietly, so people don't wake up) I hear tiny people screaming inside it very faintly.

Tbf, I was ******* with their heads, but it's true, there is a very wierd noise that comes out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I wonder about it, all the time.
    haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm perfectly sane. It's just that everyone else is barking.

ReputationRep:
    All the time... :ahhhhh:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Can't really define it, have a very tangential thinking pattern and make weird leaps of logic other people don't seem to see at all.
    I do that all of the time. I sometimes have to go back a step and explain how I got to the point I'm actually making. My logic is just quirky

But then I did used to think the washing machine was constantly saying "talk to me" so I'm probably not all there :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    :rofl:

And you aren't another one of "them idiots" (terrible grammar by the way) - hating "******* terrorists" and wanting to "blow up Osama Bin Laden", thinking that will solve all your problems. :rolleyes:

I just love the irony.
    Where did I say it would solve anything? Personally I'd just like the Marines to dish out a little quid pro quo. As for blowing him up, he'd be so lucky. If they caught him and it was up to me, I'm pretty sure blowing up wouldn't be too high on the agenda.

What exactly is wrong with hating ******* terrorists anyway? Oh I'm sorry, I'm meant to love the people who hate us, our freedoms, our way of life and our respect for women and do their very best to kill as many of our innocent civilians as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I'm officially insane. Yay.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.