Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My hamster :[ I feel awful. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    to whoever poss repped me for this post, leave your name so i can return the favour
    Lol, not much point looking at your reds :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    OH ffs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain, my sister's kitten was hit by a car the other day (it was only 10 months old ) and although it was technically hers it was also like a family pet too, it was just really sad. Anyway hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    my first hamster died because he had severe diarrhea and lost alot of fluid, i bought him antibiotics from the vet and everything but he still died, i'm still pissed to this day

i bought a second hamster (whos still alive) but i dont love her nowhere near as much as i loved the first one, shes a psycho ***** and bites me when i try to hold her so i dont anymore

I MISS MY OTHER HAMSTER
    lol...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing. I had a mouse when i was a kid. It had a growth. It grew and grew til one day it combusted. (The whole mouse).
    I type this with a grin but it is not funny.
    The morale: Should've got it put down before it got bad.
    Again; you did the right thing.
    JR

ReputationRep:
    Aw, poor you. :console: It's not your fault, so don't beat yourself up about it. You did the right thing. :yes:

I had two hamsters about a year ago, and within 2 weeks of getting them, one of them died. Silly wee thing ate its bedding and it got stuck in its cheek pouches or something. Was horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Damn.

My dad once hoovered up my gerbil. It managed to escape its cage and ran across the path of the hoover. It didn't actually go up the hoover, just got casually sucked to the bottom of it strongly enough to kill the poor thing.

My dad must have felt pretty bad... it was his birthday as well!

ReputationRep:
    you shouldn't feel bad you looked after your pet n cared for it and stop it from feeling anymore pain.

I owned two hamsters from my brother one died suddenly on my 20th i never knew what was wrong with her she always got blocks to chew on for her teeth and both got spoiled with far too many treats but thats me with just been too soft.

ReputationRep:
    It's not your fault. I'm sure your hamster had a happy life, and two years old is about the life expectancy of a hamster. Hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    my hamster got an absess and had to be put down

ReputationRep:
    Aww, makes me to hear that. Hope you feel better in time :console: May your hamster rest in peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >RazorImages<)
    Hey everyone, sorry if this is a bit of a read.

Last night, me and my little sister noticed that Apricot (hamster) was very weak, and he had sores all over his body. This obviously worried me a LOT, and it was horrible to see him in that state. But, my mum and sisters thought that he had just managed to cut himself on something plastic he was chewing on, and that the cuts had got infected somehow. I removed the plastic.
    He was two years old, so I put the weakness down to old age.

So I figured a bath with special antiseptic hamster shampoo might sort the cuts out.

This morning I managed to get a good look at his body while he was asleep in his bedding, laying on his back. He had patches of black and pink skin, which the hair had fallen out from. This, combined with his sores, upset me so much, I realised that this was more serious than what I thought.

So, off to the vets I went.

He didn't have infected cuts, he had cancer. There was nothing they could do, and I decided to have him put to sleep. I just feel terrible, the little fella had been there during my GCSE exams, GCSE results, starting sixth form, different hair disasters... a good two years of my life.

I'm going to miss him so much :[
    Apparently I did the right thing by letting him be put down, I just feel like I failed somehow because he got skin cancer in the first place :/

Just needed to get it off my chest, sorry about the depressing thread.

Jess xx
    Aww
    I'm so sorry for the loss :console:
    It was not your fault at all, you did not let Apricot down. You gave Apricot a good life!. I know what its like to lose a pet. My dog died all of a sudden in March last year from a stroke and I blamed myself for months, however it was not my fault and these things just happen. At the end of the day she was old and was getting on. The pain of losing a pet does get better as time goes on and you will be able to look back at your time together with happiness instead of feeling sad.
    Hope you are ok x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.