Turn on thread page Beta

Do you sit on your own in lectures? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you sit on your own in lectures?
    On my own
    23.24%
    Sometimes on my own, sometimes with friends (50/50)
    37.30%
    With friends
    39.46%

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a new year group now so know less people. But I made a strategic move closer to the front which means that people I do know tend not to want to sit with me anyway. I get too distracted at the back, sitting closer means I pay attention.

I have friends outside of lectures so I don't let it get to me.

ReputationRep:
    I only have three lectures a week, the other nine/ten hours are seminars or language classes. Half of my language classes I sit with one of my good friends, the other half she's in a different group and I haven't really gone as much to these classes so I just sit wherever and hope for the best. Seminars I usually sit with friends. Lectures it depends entirely whether I'm on time/they're on time but there's usually at least someone to sit with cos I know an alright number of people in my groups! If I'm desperately late I just sneak in the back and sit near the door by myself.

ReputationRep:
    I live with people on my course :cool: So theres always someone to sit by

ReputationRep:
    I sit with friends if I walk in with friends or see friends with a spare seat next to them.
    If not, I'll sit alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Cool! What course are you doing?
    Hey Im doing english, how come your staying up late, dont you have uni tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOV3R)
    Hey Im doing english, how come your staying up late, dont you have uni tomorrow?
    Yeah, but I don't have to be up til 8/half 8. Was leaving now anyway. English lang or lit?

ReputationRep:
    To above two people ... you don't need sleep to do English.. it's all about the late nights reading! (lang student here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Yeah, but I don't have to be up til 8/half 8. Was leaving now anyway. English lang or lit?
    Dont leave, its boring in this forum, I am studying both really, my course itself is really flexible.
    I dont have uni tomorrow so thats why I am up late!

ReputationRep:
    i try to sit on my own but people won't let me everyone scrambles to sit around me
    no idea why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    I only have three lectures a week, the other nine/ten hours are seminars or language classes. Half of my language classes I sit with one of my good friends, the other half she's in a different group and I haven't really gone as much to these classes so I just sit wherever and hope for the best. Seminars I usually sit with friends. Lectures it depends entirely whether I'm on time/they're on time but there's usually at least someone to sit with cos I know an alright number of people in my groups! If I'm desperately late I just sneak in the back and sit near the door by myself.
    Which uni you go georgia? What you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -XxX-)
    with friends because we walk together we're late together too
    Bad girls fo' life.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my uni friends are on my course, so we sit together.

However, my module choices for next year mean I'll be on my own for most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    No, there's nearly always someone I know I can go sit with, all my lectures this year are in classrooms though, not lecture theatres.

There's about 4 separate people I inevitably end up joining generally, not often on my own.

ReputationRep:
    I sit next to the lecturer cos that's how I roll.

ReputationRep:
    dont think ive ever sat on my own

ReputationRep:
    Your there for the lecture. No one cares if your sitting on your own or with someone.

ReputationRep:
    When I was an undergrad, I used to walk in on my own, find a pretty girl, and sit next to her.

ReputationRep:
    I generally sit *near* friends, close enough that I can turn around and have a talk in breaks ... but we're a small class in rooms generally too large for us, and so I like to have some room around me too.

ReputationRep:
    I always sit with the same two girls, and occasionally another two girls if they're on time (which isn't very often..)
    We also sit near another group who we talk to, of about 5 people, who always sit infront of us, so literally my whole friendship group sits in the same place haha.

ReputationRep:
    I need some friends there or end up making friends with the people around me cos i fall asleep and someone generally elbows me

I think i'm allergic to lectures cos I always end up sleeping halfway through

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.