Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you've seen a million of these on here before, but because I'm nervous, I'd like to know if anyone has got any tips for the test.

It's my second one, failing my first 1 with 9 minors and 1 serious for not checking my blind spot when coming off a 3 lane roundabout.

I really, really, really don't want to fail again. The problem I had in my test was that I was panicking about what I thought I had done wrong, and then not thinking about what I was doing, and then making more mistakes which carried on an endless cycle.

Praying that this bad weather stays away from the South East, the roads should be pretty clear because of half term - test being at 15:39.

so yeh, tips, tricks - anything would be really good!

Thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    My test is at the exact same time but Tuesday, good luck to you.

Can't give any advice apart from stay calm, think but not too much, and enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel I failed my test with 4 minors and 1 major as i was panicking like a mad man ><

booked another one straight away and went back 2 weeks later, because i knew what to expect I wasn't nervous at all, I made a few mistakes came away with a 2 minor pass

just relax! you know how it goes now so what's the worst that can happen, you obviously know how to drive if your ready to take your test =]

ReputationRep:
    Being calm - easily the best thing you can do. If you overthink things that's when you'll make mistakes!

ReputationRep:
    oh and Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    You get a serious for not checking your blind spot? Oo-er! Well the usual...deep breaths and be calm! Try stricking up a convo with the tester...I'm sure that's how I passed mine haha! Seriously the moment you drive on your own, you will wonder what the fuss was all about!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    The best bit of advice i was given was even if i thought i had failed by making some stupid mistake, to carry on as if it hadnt happened because what you think is bad will prob not seem as bad to the examiner. (an ex driving examiner gave me that advice)
    Good Luck
    x

ReputationRep:
    Heeeey I got a serious for not checking my blind spot coming off a 4 lane roundabout. But I blame the van driver that was speeding on the roundabout

Haven't bothered retaking yet... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    make sure u don't tick the box that says you wear glasses and if you do wear glasses take contact lenses so they can't tell, i have got three points for "driving with in accordance to my license" which means i wasn't wearing my glasses when i got pulled. 3 more and i'm banned petty mistake.

ReputationRep:
    If my driving instructor didn't tell me this before my driving test i'm sure i would have failed it. If you stall don't panic. You will get a minor fault for car control but that is all. Just put your handbreak on, put the car in neutral, turn the car on, get in gear and make sure you do all your observations before you pull off. Don't forget your observations though, they are where you can leak faults which could result in a fail.

Also, don't appologise for making mistakes or give a running commentry to yourself about them.
    Don't feel obliged to talk to your examiner, I didn't speak a word to mine and just concentrated on driving. (To be honest, i'm still not able to hold a conversation when i'm driving and this is nearly 3 years on from passing... i just trail off in the middle of sentences when i notice something that requires me to concentrate on my driving rather than what i'm talking about.)
    If you do something which you think you did wrong, don't worry about it, don't dwell on it, just drive on confidently and make sure to calm yourself down mentally and physically (take a few breaths and remind yourself of the driving mantra 'mirror, signal, manoeuvre')
    Remember to check blindspots/mirrors.
    Relax and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy0007)
    make sure u don't tick the box that says you wear glasses and if you do wear glasses take contact lenses so they can't tell, i have got three points for "driving with in accordance to my license" which means i wasn't wearing my glasses when i got pulled. 3 more and i'm banned petty mistake.
    That's not a petty mistake, that's a serious one. Your license is only granted to you under your proof that you can see a certain distance. If you can't and need glasses you must wear them for driving. Contact lenses are completely acceptable instead of glasses. You just have to be wearing something which will correct your eyesight to the required level. You've also just advised someone to lie on an important document. Not great.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.