Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chibelta)
    :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

HEEYYY no fair, I want some snow! :mad:

President's Day?? Is that America then?
    How cool - non-one cares bout old Gordon here but it'd be good to have a random day of to "celebrate" his existance or like sleep in and go and shopping and stuff.

Eeerr...on topic: There's a little bit of snow here in Bedford in England but it's pathetic.
    Yes, I'm in America. Right outside of DC. Presidents Day celebrates the Presidents (obviously,lol). February is when both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln's birthdays are. They both used to be separate national holidays. I guess the government felt that was too much time off work, though, so they just combined them into one day. It is always the 3rd Monday in February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    Yes, I'm in America. Right outside of DC. Presidents Day celebrates the Presidents (obviously,lol). February is when both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln's birthdays are. They both used to be separate national holidays. I guess the government felt that was too much time off work, though, so they just combined them into one day. It is always the 3rd Monday in February.
    Soo...what do you actually do on President's Day? Like eat a special meal or something?

ReputationRep:
    Soo...what do you actually do on President's Day? Like eat a special meal or something?
    Absolutely nothing. Seriously. It's just an excuse to get off work and school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    Absolutely nothing. Seriously. It's just an excuse to get off work and school.

Jealous much :o:

ReputationRep:
    Jealous much :o:
    Lol, you should be.

Another pic of the Capitol: http://www.france24.com/en/files/ima...256821-1-0.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else watched this, a news report about the blizzard chaos in north-eastern US.

(Original post by 0:34)
    Mother nature has achieved something no terrorist has yet managed to do, a complete lockdown of the federal government.
    What are peoples views on it out of interest?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.