Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm seriously considering living in halls next year, because frankly, the people I'll be moving in with next year are idiots and are really getting on my nerves. I've made several appointments for us to see some houses (there are four of us altogether), and each time, someone (or even everyone else at one point) has either had sudden changes of plan or forgotten to come, making it pointless. Yes, we take photos, but it's not the same as actually seeing the house for yourself. And it seems as if I'm doing all the work - I've spoken to them about this but if it wasn't for me we probably still wouldn't have even started looking at houses seeing as they do **** all to help me with researching suitable houses. At the rate this is going, all the good yet affordable houses will probably be taken before we've even decided.

I'm thinking that moving into halls would just take away all the worry and confusion about what is actually going on at the moment, plus there's the advantage of bills, internet etc being included in one fee. But I'm worried that the social side will suffer, and that it will feel just a bit too much like I'm repeating my first year again. Have you had any experience living in halls after your first year?

for the sake of simplicity was why i decided to go in to halls again- although it was actually a university owned house, so not quite the same as halls.

you can still have a social life if you go into halls again, you just have to make the extra effort to keep involved with your group if you're not living in the same house.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.